扎拉图斯特拉如是说(MP3+中英字幕) 第5期:序言(5)(在线收听

   Verily, a polluted stream is man.

  诚然,人生是一污秽底川流,
  One must be a sea, to receive a polluted stream without becoming impure.
  要能涵纳这川流而不失其清洁,人必需成为大海。
  Lo, I teach you the Superman: he is that sea; in him can your great contempt be submerged.
  看呵,我教示你们超人,他便是这大海,其中你们的大蔑视能够沉没。
  What is the greatest thing you can experience?
  你们能够经历的最伟大事业是什么?
  It is the hour of great contempt.
  那是大蔑视的辰光。
  The hour in which even your happiness becomes loathsome to you, and so also your reason and virtue.
  那辰光,便是你们的幸福也于你无谓,你们的理智与道德也自觉其无谓。
  The hour when you say: "What good is my happiness!
  那辰光,你们说:“我的幸福于我何有!
  It is poverty and pollution and wretched self-complacency.
  这是贪弱,污秽,一种可怜底舒适。
  But my happiness should justify existence itself!
  但我的幸福将辩正我的存在,”
  "The hour when you say: "What good is my reason!Does it long for knowledge as the lion for his food?
  那辰光,你们说:“我的理智於我何有!其求知,岂不是像狮子求食吗?
  It is poverty and pollution and wretched self-complacency!
  它是贫弱,污秽,一种可怜底舒适!”
  "The hour when you say: "What good is my virtue!
  那辰光,你们说:“我的道德于我何有!
  As yet it has not made me passionate.
  而且它还使我无怒。
  How weary I am of my good and my bad!
  我对于我的善与恶皆多么厌倦呵!
  It is all poverty and pollution and wretched self- complacency!
  这一切皆是贫弱,污秽,可怜底舒适!”
  "The hour when you say: "What good is my justice!
  那辰光,你们说:“我的公正于我何有!
  I do not see that I am fervor and fuel.
  我不自知怎样是火焰与燃煤。
  The just, however, are fervor and fuel!
  但公正者便是火焰与燃煤!”
  "The hour when you say: "What good is my pity! Is not pity the cross on which he is nailed who loves man?
  那辰光,你们说:“我的同情于我何有!同情岂不是钉死那爱人类者的十字架度?
  But my pity is not a crucifixion.
  但我的同情不是钉十字架。”
  "Have you ever spoken thus? Have you ever cried thus? Ah! would that I had heard you crying thus!
  你们已这么说么?已这么呼号么?倘若我听到你们这么呼号呵!
  It is not your sin--it is your self-satisfaction that cries to heaven;
  非为你们的罪恶--乃你们的自足呼声动天,
  your very sparingness in sin cries to heaven!
  在罪恶中的吝惜呼天!
  Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue?
  以其长舌舐你们的电光在那里呢,
  Where is the frenzy with which you should be inoculated?
  必注射人你们的疯狂剂何在呢?
  Lo, I teach you the Superman: he is that lightning, he is that frenzy!
  看呵,我教示你们超人,他便是那电光,那疯狂药!
  When Zarathustra had thus spoken, one of the people called out: "We have now heard enough of the rope-dancer; it is time now for us to see him! "
  苏鲁支这么说过后,人丛中有人大叫道:“我们听踏软索者听够了,现在也让我们看他吧!”
  And all the people laughed at Zarathustra. But the rope-dancer, who thought the words applied to him, began his performance.
  于是大家哄笑著苏鲁支。那踏软索者,以为这是说他,便准备开始表演软索戏。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/zltstl/327981.html