英语听书《海底两万里》第120期 第9章 尼德·兰的愤怒(5)(在线收听

   Like a log, professor. But I must be imagining things, because it seems like I'm breathing a sea breeze!

  十分甜美,教授。不过,我不知道我是不是弄错了,好像我现在呼吸的是海风!
  A seaman couldn't be wrong on this topic, and I told the Canadian what had gone on while he slept.
  一个水手不可能弄错;我告诉加拿大人,当他睡熟的时候所发生的一切。
  Good! he said. That explains perfectly all that bellowing we heard, when our so-called narwhale lay in sight of the Abraham Lincoln.
  对!他说,这就完全说明了我们在林肯号上看到这条所谓独角鲸的时候所听到的那种吼声了。
  Perfectly, Mr. Land. It was catching its breath!
  不错,足德·兰师傅,这是它的呼吸声!
  Only I've no idea what time it is, Professor Aronnax, unless maybe it's dinnertime?
  不过,阿龙纳斯先生,现在几点钟了,我完全不知道,恐怕至少也是晚餐时候了吧?
  Dinnertime, my fine harpooner? I'd say at least breakfast time, because we've certainly woken up to a new day.
  老实的鱼叉手,晚餐时候吗?恐怕至少是午餐时候了,因为从昨天算起,我们现在是在过第二天了。
  Which indicates, Conseil replied, that we've spent twenty-four hours in slumber.
  这么说,康塞尔说,我们是睡了二十四个小时了。
  That's my assessment, I replied.
  我想是的。我答。
  I won't argue with you, Ned Land answered. But dinner or breakfast, that steward will be plenty welcome whether he brings the one or the other.
  我不反对你的意见,尼德·兰答,晚餐也好,午餐也好,不管侍者送来什么,都是欢迎的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/336188.html