英语听书《海底两万里》第132期 第10章 水中人(3)(在线收听) |
This man expressed himself with perfect ease and without a trace of an accent. 这人说法语一点不费力,没有任何土音。
His phrasing was clear, his words well chosen, his facility in elocution remarkable.
他用的句子很正确,词汇很恰当,说的话流畅通达。
And yet, to me, he didn't have "the feel" of a fellow countryman.
可是我总感。觉不出他是我的法国同胞。
He went on with the conversation as follows:
他继续说下去,他这样说:
"No doubt, sir, you've felt that I waited rather too long before paying you this second visit.
“先生,我现在才再一次来访问你们,你们一定认为我耽搁得大久了。
After discovering your identities, I wanted to weigh carefully what policy to pursue toward you.
所以这样,是因为我知道了你们的身份以后,要仔细考虑一下应该怎样对待你们,
I had great difficulty deciding.
我很迟疑不决。
Some extremely inconvenient circumstances have brought you into the presence of a man who has cut himself off from humanity.
最为难的是你们在跟一个与人类不相往来的人打交道。
Your coming has disrupted my whole existence."
你们打乱了我的生活…”
"Unintentionally," I said.
“这不是故意的。”我说。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/336200.html |