英语听书《海底两万里》第133期 第10章 水中人(4)(在线收听) |
Unintentionally? the stranger replied, raising his voice a little. 不是故意的吗?”这个人把声音提高了一点回答,
Was it unintentionally that the Abraham Lincoln hunted me on every sea?
林肯号在海面上到处追逐我,难道是无意的吗?
Was it unintentionally that you traveled aboard that frigate?
你们上这艘战舰,难道不是故意的吗?
Was it unintentionally that your shells bounced off my ship's hull?
你们用炮弹轰我的船,难道不是故意的吗?
Was it unintentionally that Mr. Ned Land hit me with his harpoon?
尼德·兰师傅用鱼叉打我的船,难道也不是故意的吗?
I detected a controlled irritation in these words.
我看得出在这些话里面,含有一种隐忍不发的愤怒。
But there was a perfectly natural reply to these charges, and I made it.
但对于他提出的这些责问,我有个很有道理的回答,我就说:
Sir, I said, you're surely unaware of the discussions that have taken place in Europe and America with yourself as the subject.
先生,您一定不知道关于您的问题在美洲和欧洲所引起的争论。
You don't realize that various accidents, caused by collisions with your underwater machine, have aroused public passions on those two continents.
您不知道由于您的潜水艇的冲撞所发生的各种意外事件,已经哄动了两个大陆。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/336201.html |