英语听书《海底两万里》第169期 第12章 一切都用电(2)(在线收听

   Electricity! I exclaimed in some surprise.

  电!我惊异得叫起来。
  Yes, sir.
  是的,先生。
  But, captain, you have a tremendous speed of movement that doesn't square with the strength of electricity.
  但是,船长,您这只船移动的速度这么快,这跟电的力量不太符合。
  Until now, its dynamic potential has remained quite limited, capable of producing only small amounts of power!
  到目前为止,电力还是很有限的,只能产生相当有限的力量!
  Professor, Captain Nemo replied, my electricity isn't the run-of-the-mill variety, and with your permission, I'll leave it at that.
  教授,尼摩船长回答,我的电不是一般的电,这就是我可以对您说的一句话。
  I won't insist, sir, and I'll rest content with simply being flabbergasted at your results.
  先生,我不想再追问,我只是对于这样一种效果感到十分奇怪。
  I would ask one question, however, which you needn't answer if it's indiscreet.
  不过有一个问题我要提出来,如果是不应该问的,那您可以不答复。
  The electric cells you use to generate this marvelous force must be depleted very quickly.
  您用来生产这种出奇原动力的物质当然是很快就要用完的。
  Their zinc component, for example: how do you replace it, since you no longer stay in contact with the shore?
  例如锌,既然您跟地上没有什么联系,用完了,您怎样补充呢?
  That question deserves an answer, Captain Nemo replied.
  您这个问题可以得到答复。尼摩船长回答,
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/336549.html