精灵鼠小弟 第13期:斯图亚特和猫打赌(在线收听) |
Exercise 锻炼
One fine morning in the month of May when Stuart was three years old,
五月的一个晴好的早晨,已经三岁大的斯图亚特又像往常一样早早的起来,
he arose early as was his custom, washed and dressed himself, took his hat and cane, and went downstairs into the living room to see what was doing.
为自己洗了衣服,又戴上帽子,拿起他的手杖,跑到楼下的起居室去看别人在干什么。
Nobody was around but Snowbell, the white cat belonging to Mrs. Little.
当时除了雪球没人在场--他是利特尔太太养的一只白猫。
Snowbell was another early riser, and this morning he was lying on the rug in the middle of the room, thinking about the days when he was just a kitten.
雪球也喜欢早起,那天早上他正躺在房间中央的地毯上,回想着自己小时候的那些日子。
"Good morning," said Stuart.
"早上好,"斯图亚特说。
"Hello," replied Snowbell, sharply.
"你好,"雪球尖声回答。
"You're up early, aren't you?" Stuart looked at his watch.
"你起得很早呀,不是吗?"斯图亚特看看他的手表。
"Yes," he said, "it's only five minutes past six, but I felt good and I thought I'd come down and get a little exercise."
"是的,"他说,"现在刚刚六点过五分,可是我感觉睡够了,就想下来做一个小小的锻炼了。"
I should think you'd get all the exercise you want up there in the bathroom, banging around,
我想你喜欢在浴室里做你的那些锻炼,还喜欢到处敲来敲去的,
waking all the rest of us up trying to get that water started so you can brush your teeth.
把我们其他人都吵醒,只为打开水龙头刷你的牙。
Your teeth aren't really big enough to brush anyway.
你的牙那么小,根本不值得去刷。
Want to see a good set? Look at mine!
想看一口真正的好牙吗?我!
Snowbell opened his mouth and showed two rows of gleaming white teeth, sharp as needles.
雪球张开他的嘴,露出两排闪着亮光的,像针一样尖的白牙。
"Very nice," said Stuart. "But mine are all right, too, even though they're small. "
"很不错,"斯图亚特说。"但是我的牙也很好,尽管它们很小。"
As for exercise, I take all I can get. I bet my stomach muscles are firmer than yours.
至于锻炼嘛,我倒是一直在坚持做我能做的所有锻炼。所以我敢打赌,我的腹肌一定比你的更结实。
"I bet they're not," said the cat.
"我敢打赌,不是这样,"那只猫说。
"I bet they are," said Stuart. "They're like iron bands."
"我敢打赌,就是这样,"斯图亚特说。"它们就像铁一样结实。"
"I bet they're not," said the cat.
"我敢打赌,不是这样,"那只猫说。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/jlsxd/337529.html |