精灵鼠小弟 第16期:营救鼠小弟(在线收听) |
Rescued 营救
George was in favor of ripping up the pantry floor.
乔治很高兴能有机会毁灭这食品贮藏室的地板。
He ran and got his hammer, his screw driver, and an ice pick.
他跑出去带回了他的锤子,螺丝刀和碎冰锄。
I'll have this old floor up in double-quick time," he said,
"我要把这些老地板飞速地掀开,"他说着,
inserting his screw driver under the edge of the first board and giving a good vigorous pry.
把他的螺丝刀插到第一块地板的边缘,用力地撬起来。
"We will not rip up this floor till we have had a good search," announced Mr. Little.
"在我们彻底调查完之前,不要毁坏这些地板,"利特尔先生宣布。
That's final, George! You can put that hammer away where you got it.
够了,乔治!你可以把那锤子什么的都放回原来的地方去了。
"Oh, all right," said George. "I see that nobody in this house cares anything about Stuart but me."
"噢,好的,"乔治说。"我看这房子里除了我,根本没人在乎斯图亚特。"
Mrs. Little began to cry. "My poor dear little son!" she said. "I know he'll get wedged somewhere."
利特尔太太开始哭了。"我那可怜的,亲爱的小儿子!"她说。"我就知道他会钻到那里去的。"
"Just because you can't travel comfortably in a mousehole doesn't mean that it isn't a perfectly suitable place for Stuart," said Mr. Little.
"你不能舒服地在耗子洞旅行,并不等于斯图亚特也不能,"利特尔先生说。
Just don't get yourself all worked up.
你千万不要这么想。
"Maybe we ought to lower some food to him," suggested George.
"可能我们该给他吃点儿食物,"乔治建议。
That's what the State Police did when a man got stuck in a cave.
当有个人陷到一个洞里时州警察就是这么做的,
George darted into the kitchen and came running back with a dish of applesauce.
乔治冲进厨房,跑着带回了一小碟苹果酱。
We can pour some of this in, and it will run down to where he is.
我们可以把一些果酱倒在这里,他就会跑出来吃了。
George spooned out a bit of the applesauce and started to poke it into the hole.
乔治倒了一点儿苹果酱出来,然后就往洞口里察看着。
"Stop that!" bellowed Mr. Little.
"不许那么做!"利特尔先生怒吼,
George, will you kindly let me handle this situation? Put that applesauce away immediately!
乔治,你就不能行行好,让我来处理这件事?立刻把那苹果酱拿开! |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/jlsxd/337936.html |