口腔临床英语对话 第10期:根管治疗法(1)(在线收听

   Part five

  第五章
  Endodontic Treatment
  根管治疗法
  There's a patient with severe pain in the waiting room, Doctor.
  医生,在候诊室有一个病人牙痛得很厉害。
  Take an X-ray and ask him to sit down in treatment room number two.
  给她照X光,请她在二号治疗室坐着等。
  Good morning, I'm Doctor Smith.
  早安,我是史密斯医生。
  My assistant said that you're having trouble with one of your teeth. How long have you been uncomfortable?
  我的助手说你的一颗牙齿有问题,你感到不舒服有多长时间了?
  根管治疗法.png
  It's been hurting for three days and seems to be getting worse.
  已经痛了3天,看来越来越难受了。
  It aches constantly and any pressure on it is very painful.
  现在经常不断地痛,一压就痛得要命。
  I've examined your X-rays.
  我检查了X光照射结果。
  There's decay under a large filling. The decay is into the pulp of the tooth.
  在你牙齿原来大块填补物下边也有龋坏了。龋坏已经到了牙髓。
  What is the pulp of the tooth, Doctor?
  医生,牙髓是什么?
  The pulp of the tooth is made up of nerves and blood vessels.
  牙髓是由神经和血管构成的。
  The pulp is commonly called "the nerve".
  牙髓通常叫做"神经"。
  The pulp is located in a hollow canal in the center of the tooth. .
  牙髓的位置在牙齿中间的空管中。
  The hollow canal is called the pulp canal or pulp chamber.
  这个空管叫做根管。
  I'll do a pulp test on that tooth.
  我现在做牙髓试验。
  I want to find out whether the pulp is healthy.
  我要看牙髓是否健康。
  This instrument will stimulate the nerve of the tooth very slightly.
  这种器械对神经有轻微的刺激。
  Tell me if you feel a little bit of discomfort and I'll stop
  不舒服的话告诉我,我会停下来的。
  I don't feel anything, Doctor.
  没有什么感觉。
  The pulp didn't respond to the pulp test the way it should.
  你的牙髓并没有对牙髓试验作出应有的反应。
  The reason that you don't feel anything is because the pulp is dead (necrotic).
  你没有什么感觉的原因就是因为牙髓已经坏死。
  The pulp canal is infected.
  根管受到感染。
  Now what do you do, Doctor?
  怎么办呢?
  The only way that the tooth can be saved is by endodontic treatment.
  把这颗牙保住的唯一办法就是进行牙髓治疗。
  Endodontic treatment is commonly known as "root canal treatment".
  牙髓治疗通常叫做"根管治疗"。
  What's that, Doctor? I'm not familiar with those terms or that type of treatment.
  医生,那是什么?这个词我不熟悉,也不知道是怎样一种治疗法。
  Let me tell you how it'll be done.
  让我告诉你怎样治疗。
  First, I'll make a small opening in the top (crown) of the tooth to expose the infected pulp. .
  首先,我要在牙齿的顶端(牙冠)开一个口,使受感染的牙髓暴露出来。
  Can you see this dark colored line on the X-ray?
  在X光片上的黑线你看得见吗?
  That's the hollow pulp canal (chamber).
  那是空的根管(牙髓室)。
  The area around the end of the root is also infected
  牙根底下周围的地方也感染了。
  Oh, yes, I see.
  啊,是的,明白了。
  The opening in that tooth will allow the infection to drain and enable me to enlarge, clean, and smoothen the pulp canal.
  牙齿开了口就可以把脓排掉,把根管弄大、清洗、磨平。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kqlcyydh/338777.html