小王子 第10期:变老(在线收听

   Six years have already passed since my friend went away from me, with his sheep.

  我的朋友带着他的小羊已经离去六年了。
  If I try to describe him here, it is to make sure that I shall not forget him.
  我之所以在这里尽力把他描写出来,就是为了不要忘记他。
  To forget a friend is sad.
  忘记一个朋友,这太叫人悲伤了。
  Not every one has had a friend.
  并不是所有的人都有过一个朋友。
  And if I forget him, I may become like the grown-ups who are no longer interested in anything but figures...
  再说,我也可能变成那些大人那样,只对数字感兴趣。
  It is for that purpose, again, that I have bought a box of paints and some pencils.
  也正是为了这个缘故,我买了一盒颜料和一些铅笔。
  It is hard to take up drawing again at my age,
  像我这样年纪的人,
  when I have never made any pictures except those of the boa constrictor from the outside and the boa constrictor from the inside, since I was six.
  而且除了六岁时画过闭着肚皮的和开着肚皮的巨蟒外,别的什么也没有尝试过,现在,重新再来画画,真费劲啊!
  I shall certainly try to make my portraits as true to life as possible.
  当然,我一定要把这些画尽量地画得逼真,
  But I am not at all sure of success.
  但我自己也没有把握。
  One drawing goes along all right, and another has no resemblance to its subject.
  一张画得还可以,另一张就不象了。
  I make some errors, too, in the little prince's height: in one place he is too tall and in another too short.
  还有身材大小,我画得有点不准确。在这个地方小王子画得太大了些,另一个地方又画得太小了些。
  And I feel some doubts about the color of his costume.
  对他衣服的颜色我也拿不准。
  So I fumble along as best I can, now good, now bad, and I hope generally fair-to-middling.
  于是我就摸索着这么试试那么改改,画个大概齐。
  In certain more important details I shall make mistakes, also.
  我很可能在某些重要的细节上画错了。
  But that is something that will not be my fault.
  这就得请大家原谅我了。
  My friend never explained anything to me.
  因为我的这个朋友,从来也不加说明解释。
  He thought, perhaps, that I was like himself.
  他认为我同他一样。
  But I, alas, do not know how to see sheep through the walls of boxes.
  可是,很遗憾,我却不能透过盒子看见小羊。
  Perhaps I am a little like the grown-ups.
  我大概有点和大人们差不多。
  I have had to grow old.
  我一定是变老了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xiaowangzi/341332.html