精灵鼠小弟 第42期:两只猫的谈话(在线收听

   "Goodness," said the Angora cat, "you mean to say you live in the same house with a bird and a mouse and don't do anything about it?"“老天,”那只安哥拉猫说,“你是说你和一只鸟儿还有一只耗子住在一起,而且从没有打扰过他们?”

  "That's the situation," replied Snowbell.
  “就是这样,”雪球回答。
  But what can I do about it?
  不过我还能怎样?
  Please remember that Stuart is a member of the family, and the bird is a permanent guest, like myself.
  请记住,斯图亚特也是这个家庭的一员,而那只鸟是永远受欢迎的客人,就像我一样。
  "Well," said Snowbell's friend, " all I can say is, you've got more self-control than I have."“哦,”雪球的朋友说,“我能说的是,你比我更能自我克制。”
  "Doubtless,"said Snowbell.
  “毫无疑问,”雪球说。
  However, I sometimes think I've got too much self-control for my own good.
  不管怎样,我有时想我克制得太过分了。
  I've been terribly nervous and upset lately, and I think it's because I'm always holding myself in.
  近来我的神经一直承受着巨大的刺激,我想那是因为我总在受压抑的原因。
  The cats' voices grew louder, and they talked so loudly that they never heard a slight rustling in the vine a few feet above their heads.
  两只猫的声音越来越高,由于他们谈得这么大声,根本没听到从常春藤上几步高的地方里传出的轻微响动。
  It was a gray pigeon, who had been asleep there and who had awakened at the sound of cats and begun to listen.
  那里有一只在睡觉的灰鸽子,如今已被他们吵醒,正在那里听呢。
  "This sounds like an interesting conversation," said the pigeon to himself.
  “听起来像是一场有趣的谈话。”鸽子对自己说。
  Maybe I'd better stay around and see if I can learn something.
  我最好呆在这里,也许还能学到些什么。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/jlsxd/346928.html