精灵鼠小弟 第43期:安哥拉猫要吃掉玛戈(在线收听

   "Look here," he heard the Angora cat say to Snowbell,“的确,”他听到安哥拉猫对雪球说,

  I admit that a cat has a duty toward her own people, and that under the circumstances it would be wrong for you to eat Margalo.
  我承认一只猫有责任为他的主人着想,而在那种情况下,你要吃玛戈就不对了。
  But I'm not a member of your family and there is nothing to stop me from eating her, is there?
  但我不是你们家的成员,所以没什么能阻止我吃掉她,是不是?
  "Nothing that I can think of off hand," said Snowbell.
  “现在我还想不出什么可以阻止你的理由,”雪球说。
  "Then here Igo," said the Angora, starting up the vine.
  “现在我上去了,”安哥拉猫说完,向常春藤上爬去。
  The pigeon was wide awake by this time, ready to fly away; but the voices down below continued.
  那只鸽子这时完全醒了,想要逃走;可是下面又传来了声音。
  "Wait aminute," said Snowbell, "don't be in such a hurry."“等等,”雪球说,“不要这么急。”
  I don't think you'd better go in there tonight.
  我不认为你该今晚去那里。
  "Why not?" asked the other cat.
  “为什么不?”那只猫问。
  "Well, for one thing.
  嗯,因为一件事。
  You're not supposed to enter our house.
  你不能进我们的房子。
  It's unlawful entry, and you might get into trouble.
  这属于非法入侵,你可能会惹麻烦的。
  "I won't get into any trouble," said the Angora.
  “我不会陷入麻烦的,”安哥拉猫。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/jlsxd/347748.html