英语诗歌:Song of Nature(在线收听

Song of Nature
 
自然之歌
by Ralph Waldo Emerson
拉尔夫·沃尔多·爱默生
 
Mine are the night and morning,
我拥有黑夜与清晨,
The pits of air, the gulf of space,
大气的沟壑,空间的深渊,
The sportive sun, the gibbous moon,
太阳嬉闹,月华盈盈,
The innumerable days.
数不清的一天天。
I hid in the solar glory,
我躲进阳光的辉煌,
I am dumb in the pealing song,
在隆隆的歌里沉默,
I rest on the pitch of the torrent,
停在洪流的波面,
In slumber I am strong.
我在酣眠中强壮。
No numbers have counted my tallies,
没有数字将我计数,
No tribes my house can fill,
没有部落充满我的房屋,
I sit by the shining Fount of Life,
坐在波光潋滟的生命泉边,
And pour the deluge still;
我默默将洪流倾注;
And ever by delicate powers
曾经倚靠精妙的力
Gathering along the centuries
沿着诸多的世纪采集
From race on race the rarest flowers,
一种接一种珍稀的花朵,
My wreath shall nothing miss.
我的花冠上什么都不会逃过。
And many a thousand summers
经过成千上万个夏季
My apples ripened well,
我的苹果都成熟得健康,
And light from meliorating stars
变化着的星星闪烁
With firmer glory fell.
撒下坚实的光芒。
I wrote the past in characters
我用岩石的质地书写往昔
Of rock and fire the scroll,
并焚烧那些纸制卷轴,
                                                                                                      
Part 2 单词来虐你
gulf  [ɡʌlf] 海湾,吞没
gibbous [ˈɡibəs] adj.突起的
pealing  [pi:lɪŋ] v.(使)(钟等)鸣响,(雷等)发出隆隆声( peal的现在分词 )
torrent  [ˈtɔrənt] 激流,爆发
slumber  [ˈslʌmbə] v.微睡,睡眠,
deluge   [ˈdelju:dʒ] 洪水,使泛滥
wreath  [ri:θ] n.花环 v.环绕
scroll   [skrəʊl]  纸卷,书卷
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yyshge/357615.html