精灵鼠小弟 第69期:留恋埃姆斯镇的鼠小弟(在线收听) |
"That's very kind of you," replied Stuart, "but I'm not much of a society man these days." “非常感谢,”斯图亚特回答,“但是这些天我没时间去交朋友了。”
Too much on the move.
我只有不停地到处走。
I never stay long anywhere—I blow into a town and blow right out again, here today, gone tomorrow, a will o' the wisp.
我从不在一个地方呆很久——我像一阵风一样在无数的镇子里进出,今天到这里,明天去那里,行踪总是飘忽不定。
The highways and byways are where you'll find me, always looking for Margalo.
不管是在大路还是小道,你都能看到在时刻寻找玛戈的我。
Sometimes I feel that I'm quite near to her and that she's just around the turn of the road.
有时我感觉已经离她很近了,她似乎就在路的转弯处。
Other times I feel that I'll never find her and never hear her voice again.
其它的时候我觉得我永远也找不到她也听不到她的声音了。
Which reminds me, it's time I was on my way.
这使我意识到,我又到了该继续上路的时候了。
Stuart paid for his drink, said good-by to the storekeeper, and drove off.
斯图亚特付了汽水钱,和店主说声再见便离开了。
But Ames' Crossing seemed like the finest town he had ever known, and before he reached the end of the main street he swerved sharp left,
可是因为埃姆斯镇实在是他到过的最美的小镇,所以他在开到离开这里的主干道前还是忍不住把车来了个左转弯,
turned off onto a dirt road, and drove down to a quiet spot on the bank of the river.
转向一条泥土路,开到河边的一处宁静的地方。
That afternoon he swam and lay on his back on the mossy bank,
那个下午,他游了一个泳,
his hands crossed under his head, his thoughts returning to the conversation he had had with the storekeeper.
然后就躺在铺满青苔的岸边手枕着头休息了,这时他又回忆起那个店主的话。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/jlsxd/357864.html |