双语有声阅读:往昔已逝,静如止水(在线收听

We're Just Beginning
 
翻开第一页
 
"We are reading the first line of the first chapter of a book
 
"我们正在读一本书的第一章第一行,
 
whose pages are infinite..."
 
这本书的页数是无限的..."
 
I do not know who wrote those words,
 
我不知道是谁写的,
 
but I have always liked them as a reminder
 
可我很喜欢这句话,它提醒我们
 
that the future can be anything we want to make it.
 
未来是由自己创造的。
 
We can take the mysterious,
 
我们可以把神秘,
 
hazy future and carve out of it anything that we can imagine,
 
不可预知的未来塑造成我们想象中的模样,
 
just as a sculptor carves a statue from a shapeless stone.
 
犹如雕刻家将未成形的石头刻成雕像一样。
 
We are all in the position of the farmer.
 
我们每个人都像是农夫
 
If we plant a good seed,we reap a good harvest.
 
洒下良种将有丰收,
 
If our seed is poor and full of weeds, we reap a useless crop.
 
洒下劣种或野草丛生将颗粒无收。
 
If we plant nothing at all,we harvest nothing at all.
 
没有耕耘则会一无所获
 
I want the future to be better than the past.
 
我希望未来比过去更加美好,
 
I don't want it contaminated by the mistakes and errors with which history is filled.
 
希望未来不会沾染历史的错误与过失。
 
We should all be concerned about the future
 
我们都应举目向前,
 
because that is where we will spend the remainder of our lives.
 
因我们的一生要用未来书写。
 
The past is gone and static.Nothing we can do will change it.
 
往昔已逝,静如止水;我们无法再做改变。
 
The future is before us and dynamic. Everything we do will affect it.
 
而前方的未来正生气勃勃;我们所做的每一件事都将会影响着它。
 
Each day brings with it new frontiers,
 
每天我们的面前都会展现出新的天地,
 
in our homes and in our business,if we only recognize them.
 
无论是在家中还是在工作上,只要我们能认识到这一点。
 
We are just at the beginning of the progress
 
我们正站在进步的起跑点。
 
in every field of human endeavor.
 
在人类致力开拓的每一片领域上。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysyd/363974.html