【双语有声阅读】在阳光下行走(上)(在线收听

Years of storms had taken their toll on the old windmill.
 
多年的风雨毁坏了古老的风车。
 
Its wheel, rusted and fallen, lay silent in the lush bluegrass.
 
车轮已经锈了,倒了,静静地躺卧在茂盛的六月禾丛中。
 
Its once animated silhouette was now a tall motionless steeple in the twilight sun.
 
在落日的衬托下,曾经散发着生气的风车如今如耸立的尖塔般冰冷、生硬。
 
I hadn't walked across our old farm in fifteen years.
 
我已经有十五年没有走过我们的农场了。
 
Yet the sensations came flooding back.
 
然而,那些感觉又汹涌而至。
 
I could smell the freshness of new mown alfalfa.
 
我仿佛闻到了新割的苜蓿的清新气息,
 
I could feel the ping of the ice cold summer rain, and the sun's sudden warmth on my wet shoulders when it reappeared after a brisk July thunderstorm.
 
感觉到了冰冷夏雨敲打在身上,还有七月的雨后阳光照射在湿漉漉的身上骤然传来的暖意。
 
Rain or shine, I used to walk this path each day to see Greta.
 
无论雨天或晴天,我曾经天天沿着这条小径去探望葛丽塔。
 
She always made me smile, even after Sis and I had just had a big squabble.
 
即使我刚和姐姐大吵了一场,她也总能使我舒怀微笑。
 
I would help Greta with her chores.
 
我会帮葛丽塔做些家务。
 
Then we would visit over a generous helping of her delicious homemade chocolate cookies and ice cream.
 
然后,我们会大快朵颐,品尝她亲手做的巧克力曲奇饼和冰淇淋。
 
Being confined to a wheel chair didn't stop Greta from being a fabulous cook.
 
以轮椅代步并不妨碍她成为一名出色的厨师。
 
Greta gave me two of the greatest gifts I've ever received.
 
葛丽塔送给我两件最了不起的礼物。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysyd/367457.html