双语有声阅读:父亲(在线收听) |
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."
“想拥有一个快乐童年永远都不晚。”
Some bumper-sticker author said.
有些人在汽车贴纸上这样写道。
I think it is never too late to need Dad.
而我认为,对父亲的需要永远都不会晚。
When we're little, Daddy is in charge of the world as we know it.
小时候,世界就如我们所想的那样由父亲掌控着。
Yes. I know we have a President, some countries have kings or prime ministers, but they are really not in charge of the world.
的确,我知道我们国家有总统,别的国家有国王或首相,但他们并不是真正掌控这个世界的人。
Dad knows everything, he can do anything, he is always right, he can always fix things.
父亲通晓一切,所向披靡,他永远是对的,且总能把一切都安排妥当。
He's almost like God.
他无异于上帝。
"Hey, Daddy! Where is Helsinki?" My father always replied, "If you put things away where they belong, you would know where they are."
“嘿,爸爸!赫尔辛基在哪里?”父亲总会答道:“如果你把东西归放原位,就会知道它在哪里了。”
"Hey, Daddy! I really need to know about Helsinki."
“嘿,爸爸!我确实需要知道赫尔辛基的位置。”
"OK, let's get the encyclopedia."
“好的,那我们去翻百科全书。”
“Hey, Dad! Can I use the car for a date tonight?"
“嘿,爸爸!我今晚赴约会用一下车,可以吗?”
"Yeah. Be home before midnight."
“当然可以,但你必须午夜前回来。”
Arriving home at 2:30 a.m., Dad was up waiting.
结果我凌晨两点半才到家,父亲一直没睡,在等着我。
We don't understand about love and anger when we're kids.
小的时候,我们不懂什么是爱,什么是愤慨。
Dads yell and shout, and we don't realize it is because they care; we think it is because they have to be tough.
父亲大喊大叫,我们不知道是因为他在意,还以为他是在耀武扬威。
Not this time. He said, "Thank God you're safe. Go to bed, we'll talk about this in the morning."
但这次例外,他说:“上帝保佑你平安回来。去睡吧!我们有话明早再说。”
“Hey, Dad! I got into trouble at school today.
“嘿,爸爸!今天我在学校惹麻烦了,
I didn't really do anything wrong.
我真没做错事,
That stupid teacher won't listen to me."
可那个愚蠢的老师根本不听我解释。”
"I'll listen. What happened? Is that really what happened?"
“说给我听听,发生了什么事?真是那样吗?”
Next day, Dad is at my school, talking with my teacher, fixing the misunderstanding.
第二天,父亲去学校找老师谈话,将误会解除了。
He has such power!
父亲竟如此有能耐!
I can always count on Dad.
我甚至可以永远依赖他。
Regardless of what they know or don't know, they mostly care, and can be counted on to be on your side.
无论知道的多与少,父亲们大多是充满关爱的慈父,而且会站在我们的立场上。
The small things Dad does for us make us feel valuable and important.
他为我们所做的,即使是很小的事,也会让我们觉得重要而且有意义。
"Hey, Dad! Do you have fifty bucks I could borrow?" He does.
“嘿,爸爸!能借给我50块钱吗?”如果他有,就会借给我。
Even if he doesn't, he will find it or go without something so he will have it.
即使他没有,也会想办法借给我。
Then he feels embarrassed when we pay him back, and he says, "Now, you don't have to pay it." but we do because it is imporatant to do the right thing. Dad taught us that.
我们还钱给他时,他会很不自在,并说:“不必了,你不用还。”但我们要还,因为正确地做事很重要——这也是父亲教育我们的。
Dad presides over all festive events. "How is today different from other days?" Of course he knows, and knows how to explain; it is he who takes charge and knows how to do everything; he is the leader, and he is in charge of our world. The Captain of the ocean sea.
父亲操办着所有的庆祝活动。“今天与平日有何差异?”他当然知道差异之所在,而且知道如何解释,因为他负责和通晓一切事务的筹办。他是领导,掌控着我们的世界。他是汪洋大海中的船长。
It is also okay to become the Dad who knows everything, and does everything, and who is in charge of the world.
成为通晓一切、所向披靡、掌控世界的父亲是很不错的。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysyd/367525.html |