美国文化脱口秀 第363期:英语卡住? 说这些沉着应对!(在线收听

   很多时候,说英语,话到嘴边,却突然卡住; 其实就算native speaker也会出现这种情况。今天就分享一组美国人都爱用的常用语,卡住的时候不仅能救急,还能给人不慌不忙、沉着的感觉!

  关键词:
  卡住怎么办?这些说法帮你“解卡"!
  Sometimes you get stuck in the middle of a conversation: 有时候话讲到一半就突然卡住了
  It might be because you forgot what you want to say next: 可能是你忘了接下去要说啥
  Or it might be because you're looking for the proper word or expression to use: 也有可能你一下子找不着词了
  conversational fillers: 对话中的“填充物”
  We hope to help you deal with your “stuck” moments and teach you how to “unstuck” yourself: 这期节目我们教你如何沉着应对“卡住”的时刻,教你如何“解卡”
  英语卡住? 说这些沉着应对!
  下次卡住,说这些:
  1.What's the word I'm looking for?
  What's the word/phrase/expression I'm looking for?: 什么词、说法能最贴切地表达我的意思?
  “What am I trying to say?” might make you sound clueless: “What am I trying to say?”让人感觉你自己也不知道自己在说什么
  What's the word I'm looking for? Don't remind me/Don't tell me: 我想说什么来着?别提醒我
  It shows that you really care: 说这句话表明你很认真的在思考
  When you use this phrase, you're also not expecting an answer, but asking yourself instead: 说这句话通常不是真的在提问, 而是在给自己时间过渡
  2.How should I put it?
  How should I put it?: 怎么表达最恰当?
  This phrase shows that you're looking for the best expression: 这句话让人感觉你是在寻找最恰当的表达方式
  It also gives a heads-up that you're about to say something that might be a bit tricky to explain: 同时也提醒对方,你接下来要讲的内容是比较复杂的
  3.It's on the tip of my tongue
  It's on the tip of my tongue: 我想说的就在嘴边
  tip of my tongue:舌头边
  “The tip of my tongue” is such a great image, as if the word is hiding on the tip of your tongue and it wants to he heard: “The tip of my tongue”特别形象,好像词真的就在你舌尖,马上就要蹦出来一样
  4.I just had it
  如果前一秒还记得,但突然忘了要说的,可以说:
  I just had it: 我刚才还记得的
  可以用“I forgot”吗?
  "I forgot" is in the same category as “What am I trying to say?”: “I forgot”跟“What am I trying to say?”一样,都不是最佳的填充对话空白的方式
  It make you sound lazy and uninterested: 因为这个说法让你显得心不在焉
  It shows that you're not actively engaging in the conversation: 给人你不是很想聊天的感觉
  5.It's just not coming to me
  如果你想了半天还是想不起来要说的,可以说:
  It's just not coming to me: 这个词就是怎么都想不起来啊
  This is a very good alternative of “I forgot”: 这个听起来比“I forgot”好多了
  也可以说:
  It slipped my mind: 我疏忽了、忘了
  If something slipped your mind, you most likely forgot about it or forgot to do it: 这个词组表示把某件事给忘了,并不是说脑子卡壳一下子想不起来
  “It's Father's Day? It completely slipped my mind”: 今天是父亲节? 我彻底给忘了
  6.I'm having a senior moment
  年纪大了,有些健忘:
  I'm having a senior moment: 年纪大了记性不好了 (年轻人忘事了也可以开玩笑这么说)
  Senior: 年长者、老年人
  7.Just give me a sec
  如果需要时间组织语言,直说也可以:
  Just give me a second: 容我想一想
  本集总结:
  Don't stick to a single filler: 这些“解卡”的表达不要老用同一个
  Just imagine how you would feel if a foreigner kept saying “那个” to you as he searched for the right word: 可以想象一下,如果一个外国人一下子卡词了,然后一直不停地说“那个”,是什么感觉
  Use the expressions we've taught you today alternately: 今天教的这些表达交换着使用
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgwhshow/369745.html