外贸口语一点通第91期:贸易类型之易货贸易(在线收听) |
易货贸易Barter trade A: We are sorry to say that we can't import your grain this year because we are short of foreign exchange.
我们很抱歉,今年不能进口你们的谷物了,因为我们缺少外汇。
B: That's too bad. Your country is a big market for our grain and so we will also suffer a great loss if you import nothing. Maybe we can find a way out.
太糟糕了。你们的国家使我们出口粮食的大市场,所以如果你们不能进口,我们的损失也很大,或许我们能想出办法来。
A: What do you think of conducting a barter trade?
您认为易货贸易如何?
B: That can be a solution. What commodities do you have to exchange for our grain?
这倒行得通。贵方用什么商品来交换我们的货物?
A: There are so many goods. Our country exports huge quantities of timber, wool, leather and mutton. Which commodity would you prefer?
那可多了。我国出口大量木材、羊毛、皮货和羊肉。您喜欢什么商品?
B: We would like to exchange our grain for you timber.
我们想用我们的谷物来换取你们的木材。
A: Excellent. The total import of grain would roughly equal your purchase of timber.
太好了。我们进口的粮食与你们购买的木材是等额的。
B: It would be a little difficult for us to sign two contracts simultaneously.
我们同时签订两个合同有点困难。
A: We could sign two sales contracts in a month, one for grain and the other for timber.
我们可以在一个月内签订两个合同,一个是谷物的销售合同,另一个是木材合同。
B: Then the L/C should be opened against one another though not necessarily at the same time.
那么信用证采用对开的形式,不必同时开立。
A: What tolerance will be allowed for the counter purchase? 补偿购买允许多大的差额?
B: We usually allow a tolerance of plus or minus 10%.
一般我们允许有正负10%的差额。
A: Then we have solved the problem of our shortage of foreign exchange.
我们已经解决了缺少外汇的问题。
“exchange A for B; exchage something (with somebody)”意思是“交换”,例如:He exchaged the blue jumper for a red one. (他把蓝毛衣换成了红的。)又如:They exchaged hostages with each other. (他们相互交换了人质) |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/373870.html |