外贸口语一点通第107期:商标注册之商标形象(在线收听

 Problem of the trademark's image 商标形象 A: Mr.Green, sit down please.

格林先生,请坐。
B: Thank you, Mr. Sun. Iam very sorry for coming late, but something urgent came up at the last minute.
谢谢孙先生。很抱歉我来晚了,但我临走时突然有点急事。
A: That's all right. Let's get down to business. I was told that you have some comments to make about the registeration of our trademarks.
没关系,我们谈正事吧。我听说贵公司对我们的商标注册有异议。
B: Yes, I work in a law firm. I have been asked by the British trading company to come here and have a face-to-face consultation with you.
是的,我在法律事务所工作,这次是受英国贸易公司委托来跟您面谈的。
A: You are welcome. I believe that you have some problems to discuss with me regarding the application for the registration of our trademarks.
欢迎。您是不是想和我谈谈我们申请商标注册的问题?
B: Yes, you are applying to register the trademark of "Golden Dragon" for table lights, right?
是的,贵公司正在申请金龙牌台灯,是吗?
A: Yes, you are right.
对。
B: You may not know this, but the dragon represents an evil omen in our country. It's not appropriate to register the brand.
您也许不知道,龙在我国是不祥之物。采用这个牌子恐怕不合适。
A: Oh, will you excuse my oversight. Then what do you think I should do?
哦,请原谅我们的疏忽。那您看来,我们该怎么办?
B: I think it's better for you to change the brand name.
我认为你方最好改变名称。
A: But in that case, the customers won't recognize our products.
但是那样的话,消费者就认不出我们的产品了。
B: Yes, it's a tough problem.
是啊,这个问题很难办。
A: I'll hold a meeting to discuss this problem and find out a solution soon.
我立即召开会议,尽快找出解决办法。 重点讲解: “get down to business”是“开始谈正事”的意思;例如:We have to get down to business right now. (我们即刻开始谈正事吧。) “come up”是“突然出现,突然发生”的意思,例如:Something urgent has come up. (发生了紧急的事情。)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/374111.html