外贸口语一点通第144期:商务签证之签证手续(在线收听

   签证手续 Visa formalities

  A: Nina, have you had everything organized yet?
  妮娜,一切都安排就绪了吗?
  B: Except your visa, everything is ready. I have reserved a hotel room in the downtown area of Paris.
  除了您的签证,其他的事情都准备好了。我已经在巴黎市中心给您预订了宾馆。
  A: OK, thank you. Then when can I get my visa?
  好的,谢谢你。那我什么时候能拿到签证呢?
  B: There are some difficulties. You have to apply for the visa one month ahead of time, we were a little late when we started applying for it. And also we need an invitation from Firth Company.
  这有些困难。申请签证必须提前一个月,我们申请得有点晚。而且还需要福斯公司给我们出具邀请函。
  A: It really sounds complicated. Now what should I do?
  听起来确实很复杂。我该怎么办?
  B: Don't worry. I have talked to the visa office and they promised that once we got the invitation, you would get your visa within 1 week.
  不用担心,我已经和签证办公室谈过了,他们说我们一拿到邀请函一个星期之内保证就能拿到签证。
  A: Great. Did you book my fight there?
  太好了。你帮我预定机票了吗?
  B: Of course, I have booked the flight for 24th. You don't have to worry about these trifles.
  当然了,我已经预定了24号的机票,你不用担心这件小事。
  A: I appreciate it. I am very lucky to have a secretary like you.
  非常感谢,有你这样的秘书我真是很幸运。
  B: You are welcome.
  不客气。
  “ahead of time”意思是“提前”。例如:The professor asked us to hand in the paper ahead of time. 教授让我们提前交上论文。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/374293.html