外贸口语一点通第225期:寒暄介绍之介绍公司(在线收听) |
Introduce the company 介绍公司
A: Can you tell me something about your company?
你能告诉我有关贵公司的情况吗?
B: Yes, our company was set up in 1978 with a capital of 2 million dollars. It's now one of the biggest manufacturers of medicines, and we have offices in every major city. We deal in a wide range of related products. The annual output value reached 13 million in U. S. dollars last year.
好的。我们公司成立于1978年,当时的资本是200万美元。如今已经是最大的制药厂之一,而且我们在每一座大城市都没有办事处。相关产品的经营范围相当广泛。去年年度生产总值达到一千三百万美元。
A: How many employees do you have?
你们有多少员工?
B: About 2300 in the plant and 500 in the office.
工厂大约有2300人,办公室500人。
A: What is your market share?
市场占有率是多少?
B: We now have 30% of the market. We will get more next year as our new production line is put into operation.
我们现在的市场占有率是30%。随着新生产线的投产,明年市场占有率将会更大。
A: How do your quality control systems operate here?
在这里你们的质量控制管理制度是如何运作的?
B: To answer this question, I'd like to show you a 10-minute film about our company. It can give you a better explanation than me.
要回答这个问题,我想为您放映一个有关公司的10分钟的片子。它会比我解释得更清楚。
1. deal in 意为“经营,从事……方面的买卖”
eg. This shop deals in kitchen utensils.
这家店专营厨房用具。
They deal in fantasyland. That's what we do here—tell stories and create images.
他们经营他们的梦境——这正是我们做的事情——讲故事,创造影像。
2. set up v. 建立;装配;开业;竖立
eg. In remembrance of the battle, we set up a museum.
为纪念那次战役, 我们建立了一座博物馆。
eg. A fund will be set up for the orphans.
一项为孤儿设立的基金即将建立起来。
3. put into operation 使生效;使运转,使开动
eg. A trial run is needed before the machine is put into operation.
在机器投入运行前,要先进行试车。
eg. The 50 Chery hybrid electric vehicles that have been put into operation in Beijing for a week are reaping praise from cabbies.
奇瑞公司推出的50辆油电混合出租车已在北京投入运营一周。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/374861.html |