外贸口语一点通第232期:商业宴请之上菜(在线收听

   Serve dishes

  上菜
  A: Sorry to have kept you waiting, sir. Here's your Whitebait Fish Thick Soup.
  对不起,先生。让您久等了。这是您的银鱼浓汤。
  B: It's delicious. What's this?
  味道很鲜美。这是什么?
  A: It's whitebait fish from the Taihu Lake.
  这是来自太湖的银鱼。
  B: Ah, the fish is boneless and transparent.
  啊,这鱼没有骨头,而且是透明的。
  A: Yes, and it's nutritious. Excuse me, here's the instant-boiled white shrimp. Please enjoy yourselves.
  是的,它的营养价值很高。对了,这是用快火煮的小白虾,请慢用。
  B: Thank you, but the shrimp is a bit too small.
  谢谢。不过这虾小了一点儿。
  A: Well, the white shrimps don't grow very big. The white shrimps at this size are good to eat.
  是这样的,小白虾是不可能长太大的个头儿的。这样大小的白虾正是味道最好的时候。
  B: I see. Yes, it's very tender and tasty.
  我明白了,不错,非常鲜嫩可口。
  A: Your Wuxi Spare Ribs. It's typical of Wuxi.
  这是无锡小排。这是无锡的特色菜。
  B: Perhaps you are mistaken. We haven't ordered the dish.
  也许你弄错了。我们并没有点这道菜。
  A: (After checking the original order) Sorry, sir. I'll take it away.
  (检查菜单之后)对不起,我把它撤走。
  B: One moment, is it typical of Wuxi? Now that it is served on the table, we might as well take it. Just put it on our account.
  等一下。你说它是无锡的特色菜?既然已经端上来了,我们不妨尝一尝。就把它记在我们的账上吧。
  A: Yes, thank you. And Fried Romaine Lettuce with Garlic Mince. This is the complete course, and a dim sum to follow.
  好的,谢谢您。这是蒜茸长叶莴苣。菜已经上齐了,点心过一会儿再上。
  B: There might also have been a mistake. What we ordered is Romaine Lettuce with Oyster Sauce.
  也许弄错了。我们点的是耗油长叶莴苣。
  A: Terribly sorry, sir. I do apologize for this. I'll change it right away... This is the Romaine Lettuce with Oyster Sauce. And the Wuxi Pork Ravioli.
  真的很抱歉,先生。我为此向您道歉。我马上把它换掉。……这是您点的耗油长叶莴苣。还有无锡鲜肉馄饨。
  B: Thank you.
  谢谢。
  A: Would you like anything else?
  还要点些什么?
  B: No, thanks. We are all full.
  不了,谢谢。我们吃饱了。
  A: This is the fruit combination. It's on the house. (The guests finish the dinner.) I hope you've enjoyed yourselves.
  这是水果拼盘,使我们赠送的。(客人用餐完毕)我希望各位吃得满意。
  B: Yes, we have. We're leaving now and we'll be back next time.
  是的,很好。我们现在要走了,下次还会再来的。
  A: Thank you. Please see to it that your belongings are with you.
  谢谢。请仔细检查一下,带好随身物品。
  1. “Please see to it that your belongings are with you.” 这句话中“see to”表示“留意,注意”,后面通常与“it”连用,然后再接“that”从句。
  2. enjoy yourself 过得愉快;请自便
  eg. Enjoy yourself, and nourish your sense of humour.
  享受你自己,运用你的幽默感。
  eg. Taking the time to enjoy yourself and have some fun with books and other people is reward in itself.
  花一些时间享受人生,通过书本和其他人的交流获得乐趣这两件事本身就非常有意义。
  3. on the house 免费;由店家出钱
  eg. The bottled water is on the house.
  补充一句,这里提供免费瓶装水。
  eg. It was the publican's birthday, so all the drinks were on the house.
  那天是酒店老板的生日,所以免费招待顾客喝酒。
  4. right away 立刻
  eg. I'll start the paperwork for your order right away .
  好啊,那我立刻就为你们的订单作准备了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/375116.html