外贸口语一点通第240期:参观公司(在线收听

   Visit a company

  参观公司
  (A=Buyer B=Exporter)A: Mr. Fang, may I take a look around your company?
  方先生,我可以参观一下贵公司吗?
  B: Yes, of course. I'll show you around. Let's go outside.
  是的,当然可以。我带你四处转转,咱们走吧!
  A: Your buildings are very large.
  你们的办公大楼真大啊!
  B: Yes. We are still expanding.
  是的,我们正在扩建呢。
  A: What's that red building?
  那座红色的建筑物是做什么用的?
  B: That's our research and development center.
  那是我们的研发中心。
  A: Would you mind showing me your showroom?
  可以带我去看看你们公司的展示间吗?
  B: Of course. It's on the fourth floor.
  好的,在四楼。
  A: Is any work done by yourself?
  所有的工作都是由你们自己来完成的吗?
  B: Yes, we are fully self-sufficient.
  是的,我们完全自给自足。
  A: What type of company is it?
  你们是哪一类型的公司?
  B: It's a trading company.
  我们是一家贸易公司。
  A: Does most of your business deal in exports?
  你们的主要生意是出口经营吗?
  B: Yes, most of our business is in trade with America.
  是的,我们大部分的生意都是跟美国交易的。
  A: How about Europe?
  那欧洲方面呢?
  B: Well, at the moment, not much. But with a view to future trade, we have branch offices in New York and Chicago. We're planning to open a new office in Pairs, too.
  嗯,目前还不是很多。但是鉴于长远的贸易发展,我们在纽约和芝加哥已设立分公司。我们也计划在巴黎开一家新公司。
  A: Is your main office in Shanghai?
  总公司在上海吗?
  B: Yes, it was founded in 1993. I belong to the Export Department and I meet foreign customers; I show them our new products and discuss trade terms with them. I sometimes entertain our customers.
  是的,它成立于1993年。我隶属于出口部;我要会见外国客户,带领他们参观本公司的新产品,并和他们讨论贸易条款。有时候,我还要款待我们的客户呢!
  “deal in sth”在这里的意思是“经营某物”。
  eg. We deal in hardware but not software.
  我们只经营硬件而不经营软件。
  deal in sth 也有忙于某事物,沉溺于某事物的意思。
  eg. She deals in gossip and slander.
  他惯于搬弄是非和诽谤别人。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/375123.html