乔布斯传 第218期:海盗弃船(8)(在线收听

   Cunningham was appalled. "This is going to reflect badly on you," she told him.

  坎宁安震惊了。“这会给你带来负面影响。”她告诉乔布斯。
  Finally he backed down. He decided that he would give the reporters a copy of the resignation letter
  最后,他让步了,决定将辞职信副本发给记者,
  and limit any on-the-record comments to a few bland statements.
  并且在公开场合只发表一些不痛不痒的评论。
  Jobs had considered just mailing in his letter of resignation,
  乔布斯觉得,辞职信寄到苹果公司就行了,
  but Susan Barnes convinced him that this would be too contemptuous.
  但是苏珊·巴恩斯认为这样会显得太过傲慢,并劝服了他。
  Instead he drove it to Markkula's house, where he also found Al Eisenstat.
  于是,乔布斯驾车前往马库拉家递辞职信,发现阿尔·艾森斯塔特也在那儿。
  There was a tense conversation for about fifteen minutes;
  他们进行了15分钟的紧张谈话,
  then Barnes, who had been waiting outside, came to the door to retrieve him before he said anything he would regret.
  在乔布斯还没来得及说出些令自己后悔的话前,巴恩斯就上门把他接走了。
  He left behind the letter, which he had composed on a Macintosh and printed on the new LaserWriter:
  乔布斯留下了辞职信,这封信是在麦金塔电脑上写的,并通过新的激光打印机打印了出来:
  September 17, 1985 Dear Mike:
  1985年9月17日 亲爱的迈克:
  This morning's papers carried suggestions that Apple is considering removing me as Chairman.
  今早的报纸报道,苹果公司正考虑撤去我的董事长职务。
  I don't know the source of these reports but they are both misleading to the public and unfair to me.
  我不知道这些报道的消息来源,但是它们具有误导性,对我来说也不公平。
  You will recall that at last Thursday's Board meeting
  你应该记得,在上周四的董事会会议上,
  I stated I had decided to start a new venture and I tendered my resignation as Chairman.
  我表示,自己决定创办一家新公司,并且提出辞去董事长一职。
  The Board declined to accept my resignation and asked me to defer it for a week.
  董事会拒绝了我的辞职请求,并要求我将此事推迟一周解决。
  I agreed to do so in light of the encouragement the Board offered with regard to the proposed new venture and the indications that Apple would invest in it.
  鉴于董事会对于我成立新公司提议的鼓励,以及苹果公司表示将进行投资,我同意了这个要求。
  On Friday, after I told John Sculley who would be joining me,
  周五,我告诉约翰·斯卡利哪些人将加入我的新公司之后
  he confirmed Apple's willingness to discuss areas of possible collaboration between Apple and my new venture.
  他明确表示苹果公司愿意讨论彼此之间可能的合作领域。
  Subsequently the Company appears to be adopting a hostile posture toward me and the new venture.
  随后,公司似乎对我及新公司采取了敌对姿态。
  Accordingly, I must insist upon the immediate acceptance of my resignation.
  因此,我必须坚持,请立即接受我的辞职请求。
  As you know, the company's recent reorganization left me with no work to do and no access even to regular management reports.
  正如你所知,公司近期的重组让我没有工作可做,甚至无法接触到定期的管理报告。
  I am but 30 and want still to contribute and achieve.
  我不过才30岁,希望自己仍然能够有所贡献和成就。
  After what we have accomplished together, I would wish our parting to be both amicable and dignified. Yours sincerely, Steven P.Jobs
  我们曾共同做出了一番成就,鉴于此,我希望我们的分离能够友好而不失尊严。你真诚的,史蒂文·P·乔布斯
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/382160.html