赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500 Unit37(在线收听

   maid

  n.侍女
  Having a butler, three maids, and two gardeners to take care of his needs, the millionaire leads a luxurious life.
  这个百万富翁有1个管家,3个女仆及两个园丁来照顾他的需求,过着奢侈的生活。
  resist
  vt. vi.抗拒
  How can you resist chocolate cake? Whenever I see some, I must have a piece.
  你怎么抗拒得了巧克力蛋糕?我每次看到都非来一块不可。
  You can try to resist, but you know you can't ignore your deepest desire.
  你可以试着抗拒,但你知道你无法忽视你最深层的渴望。
  guidance
  n.指导
  Under Coach Lee's guidance and leadership, I'm sure we'll win the contest.
  在李教练的指导及带领下,我有把握我们一定会贏得这场比赛。
  accurate
  a.精准的
  Though the clock is old, it is still accurate.
  这个钟虽然老旧,却依然准确。
  Theses figures are not accurate. I'm afraid you'll have to work them out again.
  这些数据不准。恐怕你得重算一遍。
  accurately
  adv.精确地(=with accuracy)
  Even though we live in a high-tech age, it is still impossible to predict the weather accurately.
  我们虽然生活在高科技时代,却仍无法精准地预测天气。
  sake
  n.理由,缘故
  I hope Jerry has taken your advice for his own sake.
  我希望杰瑞能为自己着想,接受你的建议。
  For the sake of your health, you should break the habit of smoking immediately.=For your health s sake, you should break the habit of smoking immediately.
  为你的健康着想,你应立刻戒掉抽烟的习惯。
  toss
  vi.扔,掷
  After reading the letter, David crumpled it up and tossed it into the fire.
  大卫看完信之后,就把信揉成一团丢到火里去了。
  I tossed and turned in bed last night, wondering why my girlfriend would leave me.
  我昨晚辗转难眠,一直在想我女友为何要离我而去。
  reserve
  vt.预订 n.储备;保护区
  I'd like to reserve a room for three nights.=I'd like to make a reservation for three nights.=I'd like to book a room for three nights.
  我要订房住三晚。
  You should keep some money reserve for a rainy day.
  你应储备一些钱以备不时之需。
  This area is a wildlife reserve and hunting is strictly prohibited.
  这里是野生动物保护区,严禁打猎。
  reservation
  n.预订;保留(意见)
  I'd like to make a reservation for a table for five people tonight.
  我想预订今晚一张5人座的桌位。
  I believe Mr. Wu is a competent young man, so I recommend him to you without reservation.
  本人相信吴先生是个能干的年轻人,因此本人毫不保留地把他推荐给阁下。
  harbor
  n.港口 vt.庇护;心怀
  Cindy is accused of harboring an escaped outlaw.
  辛蒂被控窝藏逃犯。
  Since quarreling with Tom last week, John has harbored a grudge against him.
  自从上星期跟汤姆吵过架之后,约翰对他就一直心怀愤恨。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsx3500/383441.html