听歌学英语:无法预知 Never Know(在线收听

I heard this old story before
我以前听过这个故事
Where the people keep on killing for their metaphors
有这么个地方人们用隐喻杀人
But don't leave much up to the imagination,
而不让想象力决定太多
So I wanna give this imagery back
我想把这个比喻还回去
But I know it just ain't so easy like that
而我知道这并不那么容易
So I turn the page and read the story again and again and again
于是我翻着页将这个故事读了一遍又一遍
It sure seems the same with a different name
当然看起来很相似,只是名字不同
We're breaking and rebuilding and we're growing, always guessing
我们总在破坏又重建,不断在成长,又时常臆测
Never knowing, we're shocking but we're nothing
从不知道,令人震惊但我们的确什么都不是
We're just moments, we're clever but we're clueless
我们只是瞬间,我们聪明而又愚蠢
We're just human, amusing and confusing
我们只是人类,逗趣又迷茫
We're trying, but where is this all leading?
我们在努力,但所有这些都将引向何方?
We'll never know
永不得知

It all happened so much faster than you can say disaster
所有都发生得如此之快连你说声 “糟糕” 也来不及
Want to take a time lapse and look at it backwards
想要时间停滞,然后倒着看
Find the last word and maybe that's just the answer that we're after
找到最后一个词语,可能那就是我们苦苦寻找的答案
But after all we're just a bubble in a boiling pot
但到最后我们都只是沸锅里冒着的气泡
Just one breath in a chain of thought
只是一连串想法中的一次呼吸
We're moments just combusting
我们只是燃烧着的瞬间
We feel certain but we'll never, never know
我们感觉很确定但我们永远,永远也不会知道
It sure seems the same, give it a different name
当然看起来很相似,只是名字不同
We're begging and we're needing, and we're trying, and we're breathing
我们在乞求,我们在需要;我们在努力,我们在呼吸
Never knowing, shocking that we're nothing
从不知道,我们令人震惊但我们的确什么都不是
We're just moments, we're clever but we're clueless
我们只是瞬间,我们聪明而又愚蠢
We're just human, amusing and confusing
我们只是人类,逗趣又迷茫
We're helping, rebuilding and we're growing
我们在互助,在重建,成长着
Never know
从不知道 ···

Knock, knock, coming door to door
咚,咚,逐个门地敲
To tell you that their metaphor is better than yours
告诉你他们的隐喻比你们的好
And you can either sink or swim and things are looking pretty grim
你的应对可以是下沉或游走,形势看起来如此严峻
If you don't believe in what they're spoon-feeding
如果你不相信他们的填鸭式训诫
It's got no feeling so I read it again and again and again
没有头绪我唯有一遍又一遍地阅读
It sure seems the same, so many different names
当然看起来很相似,只是名字不同
Our hearts are strong, our heads are weak, we'll always be competing
我们的心脏很强大,头脑却这么简单,我们就是这样的矛盾体

Never knowing, shocking that we're nothing
从不知道,令人震惊但我们的确什么都不是
We're just moments, we're clever but we're clueless
我们只是瞬间,我们聪明而又愚蠢
We're just human, amusing, confusing
我们只是人类,逗趣又迷茫
But the truth is, all we got are questions
但真相是,我们得到的全是疑问
We'll never know, never know, never know
我们将永远不知道,永远不知道,永远也不



Where the people keep on killing for their metaphors有这么个地方人们用隐喻杀人
metaphor: ['met?f?] n.象征, 隐喻
She has a striking originality in her use of metaphor.她在运用隐喻方面有独创性。
Using metaphor, we say that computers have senses and a memory.打个比方, 我们可以说计算机有感觉和记忆力。

We're just moments, we're clever but we're clueless我们只是瞬间,我们聪明而又愚蠢
clueless ['klulis] adj. 无线索的, 无能的 <口>笨的
He's absolutely clueless.他毫无本事/他毫不知情。
I came into adult life clueless about a lot of things that most people take for granted.我已成年,却对许多大部分人认为理所当然的事情一窍不通。
He's completely clueless about computers. 他对计算机一窍不通。

It all happened so much faster than you can say disaster所有都发生得如此之快你连说声 “糟糕” 也来不及
disaster: 灾害, 灾难, 不幸
His career is a story of utter disaster. 他在事业上一事无成。
The whole production was just a disaster!整个产品简直就是一个败笔!
It was the second air disaster in the region in less than two months...这已经是该地区不到两个月内的第二次空难了。

But after all we're just a bubble in a boiling pot但到最后我们都只是沸锅里冒着的气泡
bubble ['b?bl] n.气泡, 泡影 v.起泡, 冒泡, 充满...感情
News of the defeat quickly burst the bubble of our self-confidence.失败的消息使我们的自信心迅速破灭了。
His bubble was burst.他的幻想破灭了。
The collector bubbled excitedly about his latest discoveries.那位收藏家兴致勃勃地谈起了他最新的发现。
The pot is bubbling on the fire.炉火上的水壶正发出噗噗声。

And you can either sink or swim and things are looking pretty grim你的应对可以是下沉或游走,形势看起来如此严峻
grim: [grim] adj.严厉的, 冷酷的, 可怕的, 不愉快的; 可怕的, 阴森的, 不愉快的
What grim weather!多讨厌的天气!
He had a grim look on his face.他脸上露出冷酷的神情。
We had a grim struggle before we won.我们经历了一场恶斗才赢得胜利。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/song/tgxyy/384654.html