夏洛的网 第69期:坏消息(2)(在线收听

   As the days went by, Wilbur grew and grew.

  日子一天天过去,威尔伯越长越大。
  He ate three big meals a day.
  它一天大吃三顿。
  He spent long hours lying on his side,
  它舒舒服服地侧身躺上很长时间,
  half asleep, dreaming pleasant dreams.
  半睡半醒,做着美梦。
  He enjoyed good health and he gained a lot of weight.
  它身体很棒,胖了许多。
  One afternoon, when Fern was sitting on her stool,
  一天下午,当弗恩正坐在她的凳子上时,
  the oldest sheep walked into the barn,
  最老的那只羊走进谷仓,
  and stopped to pay a call on Wilbur.
  停下来看威尔伯。
  "Hello!" she said. "Seems to me you're putting on weight."
  “你好,”它说,“我觉得你发福了。”
  "Yes, I guess I am," replied Wilbur.
  “是的,我想是的,”威尔伯回答说,
  "At my age it's a good idea to keep gaining."
  “在我这个岁数,不断长胖是件好事。”
  "Just the same, I don't envy you," said the old sheep.
  “不过我不羡慕你,”那老羊说,
  "You know why they're fattening you up, don't you?"
  “你知道他们为什么让你长胖吗?”
  "No," said Wilbur.
  “不知道,”威尔伯说。
  "Well, I don't like to spread bad news," said the sheep,
  “唉,我不想当小广播,”老羊说,
  "but they're fattening you up because they're going to kill you, that's why."
  “不过他们让你长胖只为了要杀你,就是这么回事。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xldw/398289.html