Remember when I was young and so were you
曾几何时你我年少
And time stood still and love was all we knew
时光静止,恋爱大过天
You were the first, so was I
都是初爱
We made love and then you cried
缠绵之后是朦胧泪眼
Remember when
曾几何时
Remember when we vowed the vows and walked the walk
曾几何时你我山盟海誓又脚踏实地
Gave our hearts, made the start, it was hard
齐心协力,共筑爱巢,克服艰难
We lived and learned, life threw curves
生活坎坷,我们经历着成长着
There was joy, there was hurt
有过快乐,有过心酸
Remember when
曾几何时
Remember when old ones died and new were born
曾几何时旧人故去新人坠地
And life was changed, disassembled, rearranged
世事变迁,分分合合
We came together, fell apart
你我复合,离散
And broke each other’s hearts
我们心碎彼此
Remember when
曾几何时
Remember when the sound of little feet was the music
曾几何时轻轻小脚拍出动人乐曲
We danced to week to week
周复一周你我随舞
Brought back the love, we found trust
重燃爱火,找到信任
Vowed we’d never give it up
承诺我们永不放弃
Remember when
曾几何时
Remember when thirty seemed old
曾几何时而立之年觉老
Now lookin’ back, it’s just a steppin’ stone
如今回首,不过垫脚坚石
To where we are where we’ve been
曾经步步攀登终修得此
Said we’d do it all again
说过你我总能重来
Remember when
曾几何时
Remember when we said when we turned gray
曾几何时我们设想你我白发之时
When the children grow up and move away
子女长大离巢之时
We won’t be sad, we’ll be glad
我们不会伤感,你我欣然
For all the life we’ve had
只因一起走过这一生
And we’ll remember when
那‘曾几何时’会永留记忆
Remember when
曾几何时
And time stood still and love was all we knew时光静止,生活唯爱无它
still:adj静止的,不动的,无风的
The lake is still today.今天湖水十分平静。
He hid behind the door, and was as still as a mouse.他躲在门后,像一只老鼠一样一动不动。
adv 仍然;还;还是;依旧
Disappointments come and go but life still moves on.失望来了又去,生活却依然在继续。
Are you still with me? 我的话你还能听懂吗/你有在听吗/你的思维还能跟上吗?
vt.使平静; 使静止
The local government did everything in its power to still the storm.当地政府尽一切努力去平息这场风暴。
We lived and learned, life threw curves生活坎坷我们经历着成长着
curve: n.曲线, 弯曲处, 弧线
The curve illustrates costs per capita.这条曲线显示了人均费用。
The car took the curve much too quickly.那辆汽车拐弯太快了。
to throw sb a curve:难倒某人,抛给某人一个难题
Professor Green certainly threw us a curve today. Half the questions were from parts of the book he told us to read but he never covered them in class.格林教授今天可真是把我们难住了。考题的一半是他要我们看的那本书里的内容,可是他从来也没有在课堂上讲过。
vt.使...弯曲
A smile curved her lips.她笑了,嘴唇弯成一道弧线。
And life was changed, disassembled, rearranged世事变迁,分分合合
disassemble[.dis'sembl]v.解开, 分解,拆卸
Can you disassemble the toaster and fix it?你能把烤面包机拆开修一下吗?
assemble['sembl]v.集合, 收集, 装配
They can assemble a car in less than 15 minutes.他们可以不到15分钟的时间组装好一辆汽车。
rearrange [,ri'rend崂 vt. 重新排列;重新整理
Can you rearrange our schedule?你能重新安排一下我们的日程吗?
to rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic: (deckchair折叠式躺椅)做无用功,无济于事
None of the staff believe that the new system will improve anything. It’s simply a case of rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.没有职员相信新的体制会带来多大的改观。这只是跟重新摆放泰坦尼克号上的甲板躺椅一样,无济于事。
Now lookin’ back, it’s just a steppin’ stone如今回首,不过垫脚坚石
stepping stone: 跳板,踏脚 石;进身之阶;敲门砖
Internships are a stepping stone into the corporate world and, for many, are the best way to learn.实习是进入企业界的敲门砖,对许多人来说,也是最好的学习机会。
Instead of seeing fear as a stumbling block, see it as a stepping -stone towards new experience!与其把恐惧看成绊脚石,不如把它看作是通往新历程的垫脚石! |