世界500强CEO访谈 第35期:摩根集团杰米戴蒙 我们需要重树信心(2)(在线收听

   Reporter: What are you expecting as far as the shareholder vote when that happens, as far as the Bear Morgan conclusion.

  记者:当股东们开始进行投票选举的时候,当最终结果还没有出来的时候,您期望会发生些什么呢?
  Dimon: The additional guaranties, the higher price the fact that we are going to own 39.5% is a foregone conclusion.
  戴蒙:额外的保证以及更高的价格,实际上我们将拥有其39.5%的股份,这是我们意料之中的结果。
  Reporter: The environment was a big part of that in there. Where would you say we are in terms of the ending?
  记者:环境也是其中很大的一部分。您在什么时候会说我们已经得到我们想要的结果了呢?
  Dimon: I never forecast the future because no one really knows. I try to make sure as a company we’re prepared for additional bad times or hopefully good times. But I just don’t know.
  戴蒙:我从来不对未来做预言,因为没有人会真正的知道未来会发生什么事情。我试图确保,作为一个公司,我们已经为不景气或者是我们所希望的繁荣都做好了准备,但是我不知道未来会发生什么。
  Reporter: Can you give me a sense of what you’ll be keeping as far the Bear Steams portfolio?
  记者:您能告诉我们,您将会保持对贝尔斯登的投资不变吗?
  Dimon: We're treating it like a real merger. We’re trying to bring in all their prime correspondents, brokers, equity, bear energy really try to get the best of both companies.
  戴蒙:我们将把那视为一次真正的合并,我们会试着接纳他们原有的所有主要的通讯员、代理商、普通股以及能源等,来充分的利用两个公司的优势。
  Reporter: You only had 48 hours to do the due diligence, correct?
  记者:您只有48个小时去进行尽职审查,是吗?
  Dimon: That’s correct.
  戴蒙:是的。
  Reporter: That had to be a huge risk.
  记者:风险肯定很大。
  Dimon: It’s the last time I will ever do something like that. You have to know that there were 200 people in JPMorgan and probably an equal amount of people from Bear Steams working around the clock, didn't go to sleep for a two or three-day period and just watching that teamwork of those folks really is something special. You should know, we really went out of our way to try to get every last person a job because there will be job loss in this but we want to make sure those great people find other financial companies in New York and maybe CNBC.
  戴蒙:这将是我最后一次做这样的事情。你必须要知道,在摩根集团有200个人,贝尔斯登里也许也有这么多人,大家都是在彻夜不眠地工作着,两三天的时间不睡觉,就是为了看那些人的共同努力是会起到一定作用的。你应该知道,我们真的不厌其烦的为每一个人都安排好工作,因为如果我们不那样做的话,失业率就会上升,我们会尽力确保那些优秀的人们都能够在纽约的金融公司或者是美国财经频道有一份工作。
  Reporter: OK. Tell me what it was like to be in the middle of the storm. The storm that you’ve been in for a year, knowing the pressures, knowing the pain that so many people were beginning to suffer, knowing the uncertainty that existed in the country as we watched this go from catastrophe to catastrophe to catastrophe, watching a government trying to do something, but not knowing exactly what to do.
  记者:好的。那么请跟我们说一下现在处于金融风暴之中的感受,金融危机已经有一年的时间了,了解到其中的一些压力,了解到人们所承受的痛苦,了解到我们国家中的一些不确定性,到处都是灾难,看到政府想要为此做些什么但是却又不知道该做些什么的场景,您对此都有些什么看法呢?
  Dimon: You’re right. There’s not an owner’s manual of how to deal through this kind of an event or this kind of a market.
  戴蒙:是的,没有人能够通过自己的力量来解决这次的困难,或者是救助这样一个遭受打击的市场。
  Reporter: Because it’s once in a lifetime.
  记者:因为这是千年不遇的。
  Dimon: It is unprecedented.
  戴蒙:史无前例。
  Reporter: Because of the housing crisis and the collapse of the bubble and all of that.
  记者:那是由于房产危机和经济泡沫的破灭而导致的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/sj500/401831.html