新概念英语口语宝典第一册 第154课:入乡随俗(在线收听

   Lesson 134 Compromise

  第134课 妥协
  A:What're you supposed to do now?
  A:你现在该怎么办呢?
  B:The only thing for me to do is to get on the bandwagon.
  B:我只能随大溜。
  A:It can be taken as a way.
  A:这倒是个办法。
  A:What did he do with the boss's decision?
  A:他对老板的决定采取了什么态度?
  B:He wouldn't disagree; he's learned to swim with the tide.
  B:他不反对,他已学会了随大溜。
  A:Everybody has to do that in this society.
  A:在这个社会里。每个人都得那么做。
  A:You'd better water down your demand.
  A:你最好降低一下要求。
  B:Why?
  B:为什么呢?
  A:Or the boss will turn them down at once.
  A:因为如不这样,老板会立即把他们驳回。
  A:We shouldn't dress very formally in the country.
  A:我们在乡下不应该穿得太正式。
  B:Yeah. We should be casual when we stay with country people.
  B:是啊,和乡下人在一起我们应随便一些。
  A:When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
  A:入乡随俗嘛。
  A:I find it hard to get on with my colleagues.
  A:我发现和同事相处很难。
  B:You need a give-and-take attitude to get along in this firm.
  B:要想在这个公司和同事处好,你需采取互谅互让的态度。
  A:Thank you for your advice.
  A:谢谢你的忠告。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xgnkybd1/403928.html