欧美名人演讲 第46期:《盗梦空间》女星Ellen Page出柜演讲(3)(在线收听) |
And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. 也因为,可能我能有一些影响,能给他人以希望。
Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility.
不管怎样,对于我,我能感觉到个人义务和社会责任。
I also do it selfishly, because I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission.
我这么做也源自一个很自私的原因,因为我对躲藏和撒谎感到了厌倦。
I suffered for years because I was scared to be out.
这些年我总感到很煎熬,因为我害怕出柜。
My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.
我的精神,我的心里健康和我的关系都因此受到了很大的伤害。
And I’m standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of all that pain.
我今天,和你们一起站在这里,远离那些痛苦。
And I am young, yes, but what I have learned is that love, the beauty of it, the joy of it and yes, even the pain of it, is the most incredible gift to give and to receive as a human being.
我很年轻,是的,但是我已经明白其中的爱、美丽、喜悦和伤痛是给人类最不可思议的礼物。
And we deserve to experience love fully, equally, without shame and without compromise.
我们都有权享受完全的平等的爱,没有羞愧也没有退让。
There are too many kids out there suffering from bullying, rejection, or simply being mistreated because of who they are.
有太多的孩子仅仅就因为他们的身份而承受着欺凌,排斥,或者是虐待。
Too many dropouts. Too much abuse. Too many homeless. Too many suicides.
太多的辍学,太多的侮辱,太多的无家可归,太多的自杀。
You can change that and you are changing it.
你可以改变这些,你现在正在改变这些。
But you never needed me to tell you that.
但是你们并不需要我来告诉你们这些。
And that’s why this was a little bit weird.
这就是为什么我感到有点奇怪。
The only thing that I can really say is what I’ve been building up to for the past five minutes.
我唯一可以说的是我确实为刚才的五分钟做了准备。
Thank you. Thank for inspiring me. Thank you for giving me hope, and please keep changing the world for people like me.
感谢你们。谢谢你们激励我,给我希望,请继续改变这世界,为了像我一样的人。
Happy Valentine’s Day. I love you.
情人节快乐,我爱你们。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/oumryj/405310.html |