夏洛的网 第90期:威尔伯说大话(11)(在线收听) |
"In a forest looking for beechnuts and truffles and delectable roots, “上一片森林去找山毛榉果子、块菌、甘美的树根,
pushing leaves aside with my wonderful strong nose,
用我了不起的有力的鼻子拱开树叶,
searching and sniffing along the ground, smelling, smelling, smelling..."
在地里又嗅又找,闻啊,闻啊,闻啊,闻啊……”
"You smell just the way you are," remarked a lamb who had just walked in.
“你自己的气味就够闻的,”一只刚进来的小羊羔说,
"I can smell you from here. You're the smelliest creature in the place."
“我老远就闻到你了。你是这里最臭的东西。”
Wilbur hung his head. His eyes grew wet with tears.
威尔伯侧着头。它的眼睛湿润了。
Charlotte noticed his embarrassment and she spoke sharply to the lamb.
夏洛看到它那么难过,狠狠地训那小羊羔。
"Let Wilbur alone!" she said. "He has a perfect right to smell, considering his surroundings.
“别烦威尔伯,”它说,“考虑到它的环境,它完全有理由有气味。
You're no bundle of sweet peas yourself. Furthermore, you are interrupting a very pleasant conversation.
你自己并不是一捆香豌豆。而且你打断了一场非常愉快的谈话。
What were we talking about, Wilbur, when we were so rudely interrupted?
我们刚才给它那么粗暴无礼地打断的时候,威尔伯,我们正谈到哪里啊?” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xldw/406507.html |