木偶奇遇记第108期:匹诺曹与小灯芯(6)(在线收听) |
"Not even one teacher?" "Not one." “也没有老师吗?”“一个也没有。”
"And one does not have to study?" "Never, never, never!"
“人不必学习吗?”“不要,不要,永远不要!”
"What a great land!" said Pinocchio, feeling his mouth water.
“多棒的国家呀!”皮诺乔说,觉得口水都要流下来了。
"What a beautiful land! I have never been there, but I can well imagine it."
“多美的国家呀!我没到过那里,可我完全能想象出来!”
"Why don't you come, too?"
“那你干嘛不也去呢?”
"It is useless for you to tempt me! I told you I promised my good Fairy to behave myself, and I am going to keep my word."
“你别想诱惑我!我已经答应我的好仙女做个听话的孩子,我要说话算数。”
"Good by, then, and remember me to the grammar schools, to the high schools, and even to the colleges if you meet them on the way."
“那就再见吧,如果你在路上碰上了的话,代我向小学、中学甚至大学致敬。”
"Good by, Lamp Wick. Have a pleasant trip, enjoy yourself, and remember your friends once in a while."
“再见,小灯芯,旅途愉快,祝你快活,常常想到朋友们。”
With these words, the Marionette started on his way home.
木偶说完,就朝家走去。
Turning once more to his friend, he asked him: "But are you sure that, in that country, each week is composed of six Saturdays and one Sunday?" "Very sure!"
他转过身子向他这位朋友问道:“但是你真的确定,这国家每个星期都是六个星期六和一个星期日组成的吗?”“非常确定。”
"And that vacation begins on the first of January and ends on the thirty-first of December?" "Very, very sure!"
“假期都是从一月一号放到十二月最末了一天吗?”“非常,非常确定!” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/moqyj/410930.html |