木偶奇遇记 第109期:匹诺曹与小灯芯(7)(在线收听) |
"What a great country!" repeated Pinocchio, puzzled as to what to do. “多棒的国家呀!”皮诺乔又说一遍,不知如何是好。
Then, in sudden determination, he said hurriedly: "Good-bye for the last time, and good luck." -"Good-bye."
接着,他突然拿定主意,很快地又说了一句:“最后一次说再见了,祝你好运。”-“再见。”
"How soon will you go?" -"Within two hours."
“你多久动身?”-“两个钟头之内。”
"What a pity! If it were only one hour, I might wait for you."
“真可惜!要是只有一个钟头,我还可以等等你。”
"And the Fairy?" -"By this time I'm late, and one hour more or less makes very little difference."
“那仙女呢?”-“现在我已经迟了,早一个钟头晚一个钟头没什么两样。”
"Poor Pinocchio! And if the Fairy scolds you?"
“可怜的皮诺乔!万一仙女骂你呢?”
"Oh, I'll let her scold. After she gets tired, she will stop."
“噢,让她骂吧。她骂够了会停的。”
In the meantime, the night became darker and darker. All at once in the distance a small light flickered.
这时,天越来越黑了,忽然只见远远有一点灯光在闪烁。
A queer sound could be heard, soft as a little bell, and faint and muffled like the buzz of a far-away mosquito.
有一个奇怪的声音传来,轻柔的像小铃铛声,声音很微弱很闷,似是远处的蚊子嗡嗡叫。
"There it is!" cried Lamp-Wick, jumping to his feet. -"What?" whispered Pinocchio.
“来了!”小灯芯叫着跳起来。-“谁来了?”皮诺乔低声问。
"The wagon which is coming to get me. For the last time, are you coming or not?"
“来接我的马车。最后问一次,你去还是不去?”
"But is it really true that in that country boys never have to study?" "Never, never, never!"
“可你说的是真的吗?在那个国家里孩子都不要学习?”-“不要,不要,永远不要!”
"What a wonderful, beautiful, marvelous country! Oh--h--h! !"
“多棒的国家呀,美丽而又神奇的国家!噢……!”
end of the chapter.
本章完。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/moqyj/410931.html |