夏洛的网 第138期:进展顺利(11)(在线收听

   The rat looked disgusted. 老鼠似乎很厌烦。

  But he sneaked away to the dump and was back in a while with a strip of cotton cloth. 不过它还是溜回到垃圾场去了。过了一会儿,叼着一块布条回来。
  "How's this?" he asked. “这个怎么样?”它说,
  "It's a label off an old shirt." “是从一件旧衬衫上咬下来的标签。”
  Charlotte examined the label. 夏洛把那标签仔细看了看。
  It said PRESHRUNK. 上面写着:防缩。
  "I'm sorry, Templeton," she said, "but 'Pre-shrunk' is out of the question. “很抱歉,坦普尔顿,”它说,“‘防缩’根本不能用。
  We want Zuckerman to think Wilbur is nicely filled out, not all shrunk up. 我们要朱克曼先生想的是威尔伯好好长大而不是缩小。
  I'll have to ask you to try again." 我只好求你再去找找。”
  "What do you think I am, a messenger boy?" grumbled the rat. “你把我当什么了,一个差来谴去的听差吗?”老鼠抱怨说,
  "I'm not going to spend all my time chasing down to the dump after advertising material." “我可不要把我的时间花到跑垃圾场找广告上面去。”
  "Just once more - please!" said Charlotte. 就再去一次吧……谢谢你!”夏洛说。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xldw/412714.html