木偶奇遇记 第135期:匹诺曹登台献艺(7)(在线收听

   Observe, I beg of you, the savage look of his eye. 我只请求诸位注意他两眼发射出来的野性之光。

  All the means used by centuries of civilization in subduing wild beasts failed in this case. 几个世纪文明里的一切驯兽手段都无法驯服他。
  I had finally to resort to the gentle language of the whip in order to bring him to my will. 最后我只好一再借助于鞭子的温言软语来让他听话。
  With all my kindness, however, I never succeeded in gaining my Donkey's love. 可是我的种种仁慈并未赢得驴子的爱。
  He is still today as savage as the day I found him. He still fears and hates me. 他依然如同我发现他的那天一样充满野性,他依旧对我又怕又恨。
  But I have found in him one great redeeming feature. 但是我发现他有一个很大的可取之处。
  Do you see this little bump on his forehead? 您能看见他额头上的小块么?
  It is this bump which gives him his great talent of dancing and using his feet as nimbly as a human being. 因为这个凸块的缘故,他有着极大的天赋以至于可以跳舞并且四肢和人类一样敏捷。
  Admire him, O signori, and enjoy yourselves. 请诸位先生欣赏他,玩得高兴。
  I let you, now, be the judges of my success as a teacher of animals. 现在请您来评判我驯兽的成果。
  Before I leave you, I wish to state that there will be another performance tomorrow night. 在离开前,请允许我声明这里明晚将会有另一场演出。
  If the weather threatens rain, the great spectacle will take place at eleven o'clock in the morning." 可万一要下雨,精彩的表演将会在明天上午十一点。”
  The Manager bowed and then turned to Pinocchio and said: 班主鞠完躬,然后转身对皮诺乔说:
  "Ready, Pinocchio! Before starting your performance, salute your audience!" “准备好!皮诺乔!在表演之前,先对观众行个礼吧!”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/moqyj/413948.html