王力宏牛津大学演讲 第8期(在线收听

   Then let's take another look at this state of union, the East-West union with this soft power bias. 现在再来看看我们的“联合情况”吧,存在软实力偏见的东西文化的联合。

  How is the soft power exchange between these two roommates? 这两个室友之间的软实力交换情况怎样呢?
  Are there songs in English that have become hits in China? For sure. How about movies? 有没有英语歌曲在中国很流行?当然有。电影呢?
  Well, there are so many that China has had to limit the number of Hollywood movies imported into the country so that local films could even have a chance at success. 是啊,有那么多电影,以至于中国不得不限制好莱坞电影进口的数量,本土电影才有可能得到存活的机会。
  What about the flip side of that? The Chinese songs that have hit in the west? Well...yeah. 反过来呢?传遍西方的中文歌曲?嗯... 好吧。
  And movies, well there was Crouching Tiger, that was 13 years ago. 电影呢,有卧虎藏龙,但那是13年前了。
  And...Well, I think there's a bit of an imbalance here. 我觉得有一点不平衡。
  And I think it's soft power deficit, let's call it that.When we look in this direction, that is to say the West influences the East more than vice versa. 我把这叫做软实力逆差。从这个角度来看,西方对中国的影响大于中国对西方的影响。
  Forgive me for using East and West kind of loosely,but I think it's a lot easier to say than the English-speaking language, or Asian-speaking language, Chinese, or getting into specifics. 原谅我很不严格地使用东方和西方,如果说英语地区,亚洲语言地区,华语地区,就更明确了。
  I think I'm making generalisation and I hope you can go with me on this. 我把事情简单化了,希望你们能够理解。
  And it's just intrinsically a problem, this imbalance in pop culture influence. And I think so. 流行文化影响的不平衡在本质上是一个问题。我认为也是如此。
  I think in any healthy relationship, in friendship, or marriage, isn't it important for both sides to make an effort to understand the other? 我认为在任何一个健康的关系中,在友谊,在婚姻中,双方不是都要努力去理解对方的吗?
  And that this exchange needs to have a healthy balance? 这种交换需要健康的平衡。
  And how do we address this? 如何解决呢?
  As an ambassador for Chinese pop music and movies, I have to ask myself a question. 作为华语流行歌曲和电影的大使,我必须问自己一个问题。
  Why does this deficit exist? 为什么会有这样的逆差?
  Is it because Chinese music just is...lame? Don't answer that, please. 是因为华语音乐就是这样...弱吗?别回答这个问题,拜托了。
  Yeah I can just see some of you are like, stop complaining and write a hit song! 是的,我觉得你们中有一些可能会这么说:停止抱怨吧,写出一首风靡全球的歌曲来!
  Psy did it! But actually there's truth in that. 鸟叔做到了,但是这是事实。
  The argument being that the content that we've created just isn't as internationally competitive. 有人说我们创作的内容在国际上就是没有竞争力啊。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hfnjmryj/413978.html