初来乍到第一季:第7集 背后的真相(在线收听) |
Everyone thought my pops was the nicest guy in Orlando. 每个人都以为我爸爸是奥兰多最好的人 But he had a guilty pleasure. 但其实他有个难为情的小癖好
He loved gangster movies... immigrants fighting for their piece of the American dream. 他喜欢帮派电影,移民们为了他们的美国梦流血牺牲神马的
Eh, so many bullets. 这么多子弹
And deep down, he was the same way. 事实上,他也一样
Because when it came to providing for his family, he would do whatever it took. 因为只要是为了他的家庭,他都会不遗余力
Aah! Whoa! 啊,啊
But my shoe! 我的鞋
Leave it! Oh, no! 别管它了,不行
Let me tell you something about that shoe! 我得给你讲讲这鞋的来历
Nordstroms hardly ever has a sale. 诺德斯特龙大卖场很少有卖的
And one time, by the grace of God... 就这次让我赶上了,拖了上帝的福啊
No time for a speech! Ooh! Aah! No! My shoe! Aah! 没时间做演讲啦,不,我的鞋
My dad was excited to show us the newest promotion for his restaurant. 爸爸很兴奋地带我们去看他餐厅的新促销活动
My mom, on the other hand, was less enthused. 而妈妈则相反,没多大热情
It's a sunny day in Orlando, 今天是奥兰多的一大晴天
you're driving down the street... 你正在街上开着车
No, you're driving. 不,是你在开
Well, I'm setting the scene, building suspense for when you guys see the restaurant billboard 我只是在设定一个场景,在你们看到餐厅广告牌前,给你们留个悬念
Play along. "Play"? I don't like to play. 娱乐下嘛,娱乐,我可不喜欢
Well, you don't, but you are not you. 好吧,你不喜欢,但你不是你自己
No, you are a beefy lake-house owner in town for the sailing convention, 你是镇上航行大会牛肉店的老板娘
and you are hungry. 而且你正饥肠辘辘
No, I'm not. I just had grapes. 哦,我才没,我刚刚才吃了葡萄
Damn it! 我滴妈呀
I'm not the butler, I'll cut ya (Uh!) Headbutt ya 我可不会彬彬有礼,我会剁了你,一头顶死你
Mom, Eddie's rapping at my always-there bear. 妈妈,埃迪总是对我的准点熊熊唱脏话饶舌
Did they give you that pin for narc-ing? 他们给你这个别针是因为你爱打小报告么
No, that's tattle-turtle. 不,打小报告拿的是闲话龟龟
This is for the school's best attendance record. 这个准点熊熊别针是为了奖励有最好的考勤记录的人
Why is this billboard so far away? 你的广告牌怎么就这么远
You could have put it here. Or here. Or here. 你可以把它安在这儿,这儿,或者那儿
Well, those big companies can afford to put billboards anywhere. 那些大公司出得起钱,想放哪都行
I have to be more strategic. 而我得讲究策略
See? 看见没
Now, this is the best billboard spot in all of Orlando. 这是全奥兰多放广告牌的最佳位置
It's the longest red light. there's no tall buildings to block the view, 这里的红灯时间段最长,也没有高的建筑物阻碍视线
and there's a homeless man who's always on the corner, 而且这个角落总有个流浪汉
reminding drivers that they're hungry. 提醒着那些司机他们饿了
Is that a bird in his pocket? 他口袋你里是只鸟吗
Yes. It's dead. 是的,已经死了
So, naturally, you divert your eyes away from him, 所以,自然而然的,你就把你的视线从他身上移开
you turn your head, and you look up to see... 你扭头,向上看
Whoa, cool! Did you really hold up that cow?! 哇,酷毙了,你真的有举起那头奶牛吗
Yeah, I did. 是的
It was heavy, too. He had just had lunch. 它很重的,还刚吃完午饭呢
Meanwhile, I had my own problems, 与此同时,我自己也遇上了麻烦
but they weren't at school. As tough as school was, 不是学校里的,尽管学校里的问题很棘手
it was a cakewalk compared to the bus. 但它和坐校车比起来简直小菜一碟
Got ya! Oh-oh! No fair! 抓到你啦,不公平啊
The bus was the only part of the day without adult supervision. 坐校车是一天里唯一不受成年人监管的时候
So me and the other sixth graders were left to fend for ourselves. 所以我和其他的六年级学生得自己照顾自己
If you wanted to survive, 要想在车上安然无事
you had to stay up front and pretend to sleep. 你就只能坐前排而且得假装睡觉
If you didn't, things could get ugly. 你要不这么做,那事情就恶心了
I just glad I got to keep ol' Bess here. 能把贝丝留下来我很开心
My teachers usually like to keep my projects, 老师总是喜欢保管我的东西
but that's not fair to my parents. 那对我爸妈并不公平
They fund my creations... 他们会给我的作品以奖励
Oh, Bess! 噢,贝丝
Fool. 蠢材
Better him than us. 总比咱遭殃好
Sure, the driver was there, 当然,司机在那儿
but he wasn't paid enough to care. 但他那点工资才不会让他上心去关注我们
Lucky hands. 多么幸运的一双手啊
Lucky hands. 幸运啊
The only bright spot on the daily hell ride 每天在校车上煎熬时唯一的亮点
was my neighbor Nicole. 就是我的邻居妮可
She was as tough as a stale tootsie roll, 她就跟陈蛋卷一样难搞
and I loved it. 而我爱死她这样了
Hey. 嗨
What are you looking at? 看什么看
I'll get this to his mother. 我要把这个拿给他妈看
One bloomin' onion. 一份炸洋葱花
Uh, Mitch, I think you meant to say 噢,米奇,我想你应该是想说
booming onion. 大洋葱花
"Blooming onion" is the intellectual property “炸洋葱花”是另外一家
of another, less-good restaurant, okay? 不咋地的餐厅的招牌菜,知道不
Right. 我懂
Like they have potato skins, 就比如,他们有烤土豆皮
but we have tomato skins. 但我们有烤番茄皮
Nope. No, no. 不,不对,不对
No, none of your ideas... 你刚刚说的都没
no tomato skins, no jalapeno toppers, 没有土豆皮,没有墨西哥辣椒料
and no buffalo things. 也没有布法罗蜜辣鸡翅
You know, I don't have to take this. 你知道吗,我不需要知道这些
I get job offers all the time from other restaurants. 一大堆餐馆排着队要挖我墙角
There's heat on Mitch. Oh, yeah. 米奇可是抢手得很,知道不
Louis, you were right about the billboard. 路易斯,你那个广告牌的创意赞爆了
I told you. The place has been packed all day. 我说什么来着,那地方一天到晚都堵着
People have been coming up to me 好多人来找我
and talking to me about it. 跟我说这件事
One lady even let me cut in front of her in line and talking to me about it. 有位女士还让我在她前面插队了,跟我说这件事
One lady even let me cut in front of her in line 有位女士还让我在她前面插队了
at the grocery store. 就在我在杂货店里排队的时候
Wow, you usually get into fights at the grocery store. 哇哦,貌似你以前都是在杂货店里吵架的啊
I know! 就是说啊
And we have been invited 而且还有人邀请我们
to the chamber of commerce charity-fundraising event. 去参加商业慈善募捐会
Hmm. 嗯
It's at a country club! 那可是在乡间俱乐部举行的
Why are you so excited about a country club? 你为嘛一提到乡间俱乐部就这么激动
Because of "Caddyshack"! 因为《疯狂高尔夫》啊
It's my favorite movie... set in a country club. 那是我最喜欢的电影,就是在一个乡间俱乐部拍的
I've always wanted to go to one. Hmm. 我一直想去那种俱乐部看看,嗯
"Spaulding, get your foot off the boat!" 斯伯丁,你丫快把脚从船上挪下来
It's so much yelling. It's so good. 喊得可好玩了,很好看哦
Tess is not with Nicole today. 苔丝今天没和妮可一块儿
This is my chance to sit next to her. 天助我也啊,我要坐她边上去
Shut up. You'll get us all killed. 闭嘴,你会害死我们的
I need to show her 我要证明给她看
that I'm not just a little kid that naps on the bus, 我不是只会在车上打盹的小屁孩
and I'm gonna do it with this. 而我证明的方法,就是这个
I'm holding up Ice Cube's "Predator" album. 我拿的是艾斯,库伯的“捕食者”专辑
"Parental advisory." “家长指导”
Once she gets I listen to bad ass music 只要她看见我在听坏小子音乐
she'll know I'm down. 她就会明白我和她一样了
And no I'm not the butler, I'll cut ya (Uh!) 一个马步向前
Headbutt ya, you say you can't touch this 一记左钩拳,右钩拳
And I wouldn't touch ya, punk motherfucka 快使用双截棍,哼哼哈兮
Here to let you know boy, oh boy 快使用双截棍,哼哼哈兮
I make dough but don't call me DoughBoy 快使用双截棍,哼哼哈兮
Feel this, girl. 来,听听这个
This ain't no fuckin motion picture 一句惹毛我的人有危险
Damn, you're a grown-ass man. 我去,你好成熟
You better check yo self before you wreck yo self 爱我之前,先扪心自问
Cos I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth 我会是风一样的男子,那个伤你最深的人
You better check yo self before you wreck yo self 爱我之前,先扪心自问
Check it check yo self before you wreck yo self 爱我之前,先扪心自问
Cuz drink like you is bad for my health 你如美酒,伤透我心
You better check yo self 记得扪心自问
Yeah. 嘿嘿
Hey, did you just fall asleep for real? 嘿,你刚刚不会真的睡着了吧
You cannot fall asleep for real. 你可不能睡着啊
Shut up. 闭嘴
I'm going back there. 我要到后面去
I can't watch this. 我不忍看
How did it go? 咋样
They took my pants and threw it out the window. 她们把我裤子脱了扔到窗户外面去了
It took me forever 那天对我来说无比漫长
to get home from school that day without my pants, 因为我得在没穿裤子的情况下从学校溜回家
so I had a lot of time to think. 所以我有充足的时间考虑
If I was gonna share headphones with Nicole, 当时到底应不应该把我的耳机递给妮可
it wasn't gonna happen on the bus. 或许我不该在车上这么做
I needed one-on-one time with her. 我得找个机会和她独处一下
Thanks. See you in carpool tomorrow, Mrs. Wilson. 谢谢,明天拼车时见,威尔森女士
Carpool. 拼车
Who said that? Is someone in there? 谁在说话,谁在那里吗
No. 没人
A bush kid! 灌木娃
Which one says I am rich enough to be invited 那件衣服比较能说明我有资格被邀请
but not rich enough that you could ask me to donate money? 但还没有钱到能拿出来去捐款的
I think the one with the Tokyo Disney on the label. 我觉得是那件印着东京迪士尼商标的
Mom, I don't want to ride the bus anymore. 妈,我再也不想坐校车了
I want to carpool, and here's 50 reasons why I... 我想拼车,我可以列出至少50个理由...
Okay. Okay?! 好,好
Well, what can I say, you caught me in a charitable mood. 这么跟你说吧,你刚好碰到我想发发善心了
But not too charitable. 但不要太慷慨了
Yes, girl. Yes. 没错,妞儿,没错
Great! 太赞了
Oh, hey. 噢,嘿
Maybe your stepdaughter Nicole would like to join? 也许你的继女妮可也可以和我们一起呀?
Sure. 当然
I'll ask Marvin,and then he'll ask her, 我得先问问马文,然后再让马文问问她
and she'll tell him what her answer is. 然后她再告诉马文
It's like the way we communicate at dinner. 我们吃晚饭的时候就是这么说话的
Takes a long time to get the salt. 拿个盐都费半天劲
Yes! 太棒了
That seat's taken.Get in the back. 这个座位有人了,到后面去
Are you saving that seat for your attitude? 你是把礼貌落在那个座位上了吧
My bus friends already miss me, 我的校车伙伴们已经开始想我了
so they dropped off this breakfast burrito. 所以他们给了我这个早餐玉米卷
So sweet. 太贴心了
Get in the back. 到后面去
Dad, why are you coming? 爸爸,你为什么过来了呀
Oh. I want to see the billboard glistening in the morning dew. 哦,我就是想看看在晨露中闪闪发光的广告牌
Okay, but don't do anything embarrassing in front of Nicole. 好吧,但是你别在妮可面前给我丢人
Ooh! 哦
Oh. Come on. 哦,拜托
What? That's how I sneeze. 怎么了嘛,我打喷嚏就这样
Okay, get in. Let's go. But we don't have Nicole yet! 好了,进去吧,我们可以出发了,但是妮可还没来呢
Oh, she's not coming. 哦,她不来了
Honey said Nicole told Marvin that she's happy on the bus. 赫妮说妮可告诉马文她觉得校车挺好的
But don't worry. Your best friend, Mark, is here. 但是别担心,你最好的朋友,马克在这
Hi! 嗨
Who's that? 他谁啊
I don't even know who he is! 我都不知道他是谁
You don't recognize me because we always have our eyes closed, 你不认识我是是因为我们总是闭眼睛装睡
but I ride the bus with you. 但是我确实和你一辆校车
So happy not to have to do that anymore. 真开心再也不用坐校车了
Get in. 快上车
Mark, have you ever seen a billboard? 马克,你以前见过广告牌么
Picture yourself a hungry accountant 想象你自己一个饿扁了的会计师
who's just taken his kids to Disney world. 带着他的孩子来到迪士尼世界
And... the homeless man with the dead bird 然后,一个无家可归的人带着一只死鸟
cues us to turn our heads,look up to the sky, 提醒我们抬起头,往天上看
and... aah! 然后,啊啊啊啊啊
Whoa! 哇哦
There's chorizo in here! 这里面还有墨西哥辣香肠
Those guys. 这帮人儿呀
Folks, I promise, 伙计,我保证
we'll get someone to clean it as soon as we can. 我们一定尽快找人擦干净
Nobody tried to stop them?! 难道没有人阻止他们吗
Everyone just stood around 每个人就傻站在这
and watched my husband's face get milked on? 看着我丈夫被牛奶射了一脸
Nobody's gonna believe I let a cow do that to me, right? 没有人会相信我会让一头牛对我干那事,是不?
I wouldn't worry. 别担心
Probably just random kids in the area. 可能就是附近闲晃的小孩干的
This is anatomically impossible. 这从解剖学上来说是不可能的
Everybody know you got to squeeze the teat 每个人都知道你得挤乳头
to produce the milk. 才能出奶
I just wish it didn't look like I was enjoying it so much. 我只是希望牌子上的我看起来并不是很享受这种激射的感觉
Why won't they hurry up? 他们怎么还不走啊不着急么
Calm your panties. 冷静点吧
You calm your panties! I'm gonna be marked absent! 你冷静去吧!我要被记迟到了
And they'll take away my always-there bear! 他们会拿走我准点熊熊!
All because of your stupid carpool. 都是因为你傻逼傻逼的要拼车上学
Hey, I hate it, too. 嘿,我也很不爽啊
Guys, come on. don't say that about the carpool. 伙计们,行了,别这么说拼车嘛
I'm going back to the bus. 我也要回到校车上
It may be hell, but at least I get to see Nicole. 校车或许是地狱,但是至少我能再见到妮可
Well, you'll also get to see her tonight. 好吧,其实你今天晚上也能见到她
What? I heard mom invite her over 什么,我听说妈妈邀请她过来
after she said no to the carpool. 在她拒绝拼车的时候
Why does everyone hate this? 为什么每个人都讨厌拼车呢
Why won't they hurry up?! 他们怎么还不快点呀
Oh, hey, girl. 哦,嘿,美女
Didn't know you were coming over tonight. 不知道你今晚要过来啊
Caught me strengthening my hands. 被你发现我正在练手劲呢
Wow. 哇哦
Everything okay? 一切顺利吗
Oh, yeah. We're gonna have a great time. 哦,是的,我们聊的很愉快
Bye, sweetie. Have fun babysitting. 拜拜,宝贝,当保姆开心点哦
"Babysitting"? 当保姆?
Honey, I'm glad that you did not wear a yellow dress 赫妮,真高兴你没有穿那件黄裙子
because I am wearing a yellow dress. 因为我穿了黄裙子
Well, you did call me and say not to wear yellow... 好吧,是你给我打电话告诉我不要穿黄...
okay, I will see you at the country club. Bye. 好了,乡村俱乐部再见面吧,拜拜
Bye. 拜拜
Nicole, come in. 妮可,快进来
Um... 呃
...is that old lady self-sufficient? 奶奶能自理吗
Because my parents showed me "Cocoon" when I was little, 因为我小的时候我爸妈给我看“魔茧”(讲述外星人让老人返老还童)
and I just can't. 我就对老人家有心理阴影了
Oh, she's fine. 哦,她很好
She'll fight you for dominance and then fall asleep. 她会确定她还是家中老大,然后就放心的睡了
Okay. 好把
Babysitting? Why can't grandma watch us? 保姆?为什么奶奶不能看我们?
Because last time, she charged me $100 an hour. 因为上一次她收我一小时100美刀
All right, we've got to get going. 好吧,我们得出发了
Nicole, some ground rules... no scary movies. 妮可,我家有些规矩,不能看恐怖片
If you watch "Jurassic Park," 要是你看侏罗纪公园
fast-forward when the water glass trembles. 在水玻璃杯摇晃时就要按快进
Eddie doesn't like it 埃迪讨厌看那段
when the T. Rex gives the jeep the big eye. 就是那段霸王龙对着吉普车瞪大眼睛
He also has gentle bowels, so only bland foods. 他肠胃敏感,只能吃清淡食物
What is happening? 这都是些什么事啊
They should all be in bed by 9:00, and if anyone feels warm, 他们9点就要全部上床,如果谁全身发热
there's a thermometer and flintstones chewables. 有体温计和水果味维生素咀嚼片
Orange, orange, grape. 橙子,橙子,葡萄
And, Nicole, I missed school this morning, 妮可,今天早上我上学迟到了
so they took away my always-there bear, 所以他们拿走了我的准点熊熊
and I feel... 我觉得
Open bar ends at 7:00, bye! Okay, they're all yours! 吧台只供酒到7点,白了个白,好,他们都是你的了
Thank you! 谢谢!
Look at us... all dressed up, going to a country club. 看看我们,盛装出席乡间俱乐部
"Hey, everybody, we're all gonna get laid!" 嘿,伙计们,我们就快要爽翻天了
That's also a line from "Caddyshack." 这也是“疯狂高尔夫”台词
Ah. 啊
This is all because of you, Louis. 一切都是因为你啊,路易斯
When we first moved down here and you opened the restaurant, 当我们第一次搬到这里,你开了这个餐馆
everybody doubted you, including me. Hmm. 所有人,包括我都怀疑你
But you saw something that no one else did. 但是你未卜先知
You are a visionary. 你真是个有远见的人
Thank you. That's nice to hear. 谢谢,我听了很开心
You know, when I first move us down here... 你知道,当我第一次带我们搬到这里
What the hell?! 那是什么鬼
"Thief"? 小偷
As in sneaky! 说我们偷偷摸摸猥猥琐琐
They are calling us sneaky asians! 他们称我们是猥琐的亚洲人
Random kids, my ass... we are being targeted! 闲逛的孩子,个屁啊,我们是被人盯上了!
What my mom didn't know was that the billboard was right... 我妈妈不知道的是,那个广告牌说的是事实
my dad was sneaky. 我爸爸之前确实偷偷摸摸猥猥琐琐了
Cattleman's Ranch was a total knockoff of Golden Saddle. 牧场主的牧场餐厅完全是金鞍餐厅的山寨版
And that's what you get 这就是你买下金鞍特许经营权后
when you buy a Golden Saddle franchise. 你会得到的
It's all covered in this confidential operations manual. 所有事宜尽在这本机密操作手册中
He rolled into town and jacked their manual 他深入敌后,偷走他们的手册
because, like I said, he would do whatever it took. 因为,就像我说的,他会不惜一切代价不择手段
It's a hate crime. 这是仇恨罪
It's a hate crime! I mean, it's obvious! 这绝对是歧视我们打击报复啊,绝对是
Probably just random kids again. 可能又是可恶的小鬼们做的
No! If it was random kids, they would have hit the Hoagie King! 不可能!要真是小鬼们,他们也会对意大利长条面包王下手的!
It paints itself, really. 这广告简直自带嘲讽
You know, when sherry and I started angel smile wish, 你们知道么,雪儿和我开创天使微笑之愿时
we never thought we'd touch so many tiny hearts. 我们从没有想过会触动如此之多多幼小的心灵
So, please, give generously. 所以,拜托,慷慨解囊把
Mm-hmm. Hmm. 恩,恩
Is this charity for children or dogs? 这个慈善是为了孩子还是狗呢
You know, I thought it was for the environment. 我还以为是为了环境呢
Okay, back to my thing. 好的,回到我的事吧
So, like I was saying, it's a hate crime. 所以,就像我说的,这是仇恨罪
She's jumping to conclusions. 她在妄下结论呢
Oh, how beautiful is this butter? 哦,这黄油多好啊
Seashells! 做成贝壳一样呢
I think I can hear the ocean. 涛声依旧啊
You're starting early. 现在喝酒早了点
You know, some people just can't stand to see minorities succeed. 你知道,有些人就是见不得少数族裔的人成功
It's Mike Tyson all over again. 又是麦克?泰森一样的事情
He's doing great, he's killing it, 他干的这么,简直大杀四方啊
and then they make him marry the actress from "Boomerang," 然后他们让他娶“偷心情圣”的女演员
and bam!... Champ is broke. 然后,Duang的一下,冠军毁了
Halle Berry? 哈莉·贝瑞
No, the sexy, mean one with the pretty toes. 不是,是那个有着好看脚趾性感刻薄的小贱人
Well, you know, our councilman is sitting right over there. 知道吗,我们的市议员就坐在那儿
You should tell him that this happened. 你应该把这件事跟他反映一下
That's a good idea. 好主意
He should know about a hate crime happening in his district. 他应该知道他管理的地区发生了仇恨罪
Uh, Jessica, stop! 呃,杰西卡,站住
What is wrong with you? 你到底怎么回事
I'm just gonna tell our councilman. 我刚要跟我们的议员反映问题呢
I need to show you something. 我得给你看点东西
I don't believe this. 我不相信
This is exactly our restaurant. 这跟我们的餐厅一模一样
They copied us. 他们山寨我们
No, Jessica. I copied them. 不,杰西卡,是我山寨了他们的
Sorry about before. 之前的事我很抱歉
I didn't know my mom had hired someone to co-babysit with me. 我不知道我妈妈还雇了别人和我一起看孩子
But I'm happy to have the help.These two are handfuls. 但我很高兴你能来帮我,他俩真是闹人精
But it goes so fast.I try to cherish it. 但是他们长大得真快啊,我也是很珍惜这段时光
You know what goes fast? Me. 你知道什么才快吗,是我
I can run to the end of the street in eight seconds. 我能在八秒内跑到街尾
Time me. 给我计时
Wear a jacket! 把夹克穿上
How old are you? 你多大了
Old enough to read this parental-advisory sticker 足够大读这个让家长注意脏话的警告标签
and ignore it. 并无视它了
Want to listen? 想听听吗
Hello? Hey, girl. 你好,嘿,妞儿
Oh, hey. Uh, hold on. 噢,嘿,呃,稍等
Let me go in the other room. 我得去其他房间说话
It's this guy I know. 是个我认识的家伙
Yo, it's me. 嗨,是我
The Smiths' German Shepherd took a run at me. 史密斯家的德国牧羊犬追着我跑
Don't tell mom. She'll have him put down. 别告诉老妈,她会杀了那只狗的
I don't understand. 我不明白
This was your big dream? 这就是你的伟大梦想
To move down here and copy this place? 搬到这里然后山寨这个地方
No, my original plan was to buy a Golden Saddle franchise. 不,我最初的计划是买下金鞍特许经营权
And that's what you get 这就是你买下金鞍特许经营权后
when you buy a Golden Saddle franchise. 你会得到的
It's all covered in this confidential operations manual. 所有事宜尽在这本机密操作手册中
All that's left now is to sign the paperwork 现在剩下的就是签了这份文件
and collect your $50,000 franchise fee. 然后收集你的50000刀特许经营费
Oh! And to size you for your belt buckles! 噢,再量一下你的皮带扣尺寸
Oh. You want your belt buckles, mm! 噢,你会想要一个皮带扣的,嗯
Uh, great. 啊,不错
I'll give you $10,000 up front 我会先给你10000刀
and put the rest on a payment plan. 然后把后续的款项放在付款计划上
No, no. I need the whole amount right now. 不,不,我现在就需要全款
The whole amount? 全款吗
Well, who has that kind of money? 可是,谁会有那么多钱
I guess they do. 我想他们有
Oh, thank you. Thank you. 噢,谢谢,谢谢
Uh... I have to pee. 呃,我要去尿尿
Yeah! 好啊
Go pee. I'm not gonna stop you from peeing. 去吧,我不会不让你尿尿的
This is America. You can pee if you want. 这里是美国,你想尿就尿,尿的响亮
I'll go pee. 我去尿尿啦
Yeah. Take that book with you. It's good reading material. Okay. 好的,把这本书也带上,这是个不错的厕所读物呢,好的
It is good reading material. 是个不错的厕所读物
I like that guy. 我喜欢这家伙
And then I jumped out the bathroom window. 然后我就从厕所窗户跳了出来
I didn't have the money, 我那时没有那笔钱
but I still had my dream of a better life for our family. 但我还有个让我们家过得更好的梦想
So I took what I did have, 所以我就带上那份梦想
and I opened a steakhouse of my own. 然后我开了家属于自己的牛排餐厅
Oh, why didn't you tell me? 噢,你为什么不告诉我呢
Because I was ashamed. 因为我觉得丢人
I wanted you to think I was a visionary. 我想让你觉得我是个有远见的人
Louis... What you did was smart. 路易斯,你做的那些事都特别明智
Just like you were smart 就像你明智的
to move down here and open up your own restaurant 搬到这里然后开了你自己的餐厅
and pick the perfect billboard location. 还选了一个完美的广告牌位置
Hmm. 呵
You're a good businessman. 你是一个优秀的生意人
And I would choose a good businessman over a visionary 而我会选择一个优秀的生意人而不是一个空念头
any day of the week. 每一天都会这样
Besides, you made it your own. 而且,你让它有了你自己的特色
You added a salad bar, 你加了一个沙拉吧
you have "wanted" posters for people who bounce checks, 你还贴了“悬赏”海报通缉那些写了空头支票的人
and the bears aren't even the same color. 而且那些熊也不是一样的颜色啊
Thank you! 谢谢你
And it's not like Golden Saddle owns the idea of a steakhouse. 而且又不是说这些牛排店的创意就是金鞍餐厅的
They don't. Mnh-mnh. 不是他们的,嗯哼
It's like, uh, sizzler's just a cheaper knockoff of Black Angus. 就像是,呃,滋儿滋儿牛排店只是个黑安格斯牛排店的廉价山寨版
Mm-hmm. And Black Angus 就是,而黑安格斯
is just a cheaper knockoff of Ruth's Chris! 只是鲁斯克里斯牛排店的低端高仿
And they are all just chasing that Morton's ring. 而且他们追随的都是莫顿之环牛排屋
I see you got my message. 我看你是收到了我给你的信息了
Hello, thief. 你好啊,小偷
Mrs. Thief. 小偷夫人
Finnegan. This is Jessica, my wife. 费尼肯,这是杰西卡,我老婆
Oh, well, well, well. 哦,好啊,好啊,好啊
Look who has an Asian fetish, too. 看看谁也有恋亚癖喜欢找亚洲女人呢
I guess Louis copies everything I do. 我猜路易斯会山寨我所做的一切事情
What's your problem? 你这是什么毛病
Your restaurant's busy. You own 10 franchises. 你的餐馆生意很火,你有10家连锁餐馆
You're doing great. 你做的已经很好了
And you are doing well, which I don't like. 你的餐馆生意也好得很呐,这恰恰是我不想见到的
You're just upset 你这么伐开心
because Louis didn't pay your ridiculous franchise fee. 只是因为路易斯没有支付你那荒谬的加盟费
He is a smarter businessman than you are. 他是个比你更聪明的生意人
Oh, you think so? 哦,你这么认为啊
Then how come I stole his favorite employee? 那他最好的雇员怎么上我这儿来了呢
Mitchell! 米奇
Mitch? 米奇
Oh. Uh, sorry, guys. 哦,额,抱歉啊,两位
How could you do this? We were a family. 你怎么能这么做,我以为我们是一家人
He offered to double my salary. 他给我两倍工资
But, I mean, if you guys want to do that... 但是,我是说,如果你们能付我这么多的话
Goodbye forever, Mitch. 永别了,米奇
If you think stealing our employee 如果你认为挖走我们的雇员
and vandalizing our billboard 并且肆意损坏我们的广告牌
is gonna make us back down, you are wrong. 就可以击垮我们,那你就错了
Yeah, you better watch out 是啊,你最好小心点
because "Scarface" and "Miller's Crossing" 因为我们疤面煞星和龙虎黑帮
are coming at ya. 不会善罢甘休的
Wait. Is that... 等等,那是...
is that what you two guys call each other? 那是你们两个对对方的称呼么
There's nothing I hate more 劳资最恨的莫过于
than a couple of lousy, no-good cinephiles. 一对恶心没用的中二电影迷了
I made myself a new pin. 我给自己做了个新别针
"Usually-there bear." “常驻熊熊”
I hate it. 我讨厌那个
Didn't your parents say 你父母不是说你有肠胃虚弱
you have a weak stomach or something? 周转不灵什么的毛病
Yeah, "week," 是啊,周转的周啊
as in I can eat this stuff for seven days straight. 意思就是我能一周七天都吃这类东西
Uh, are you okay? 呃,你还好么
Don't come in here! 别进来啊
Were you running the shower? 你刚刚在淋浴么
I can't talk to you right now, please! 我现在不能和你讲话,求你了
Now, where were we? 恩,我们上次讲到哪里了
Nope. 哎呀不好
Sure, my dad would do whatever it took, 我老爸愿意为了家庭付出一切代价
but the tough guy in my family had always been moms. 但是在我们家,硬汉总是由老妈来对付
Great idea, Jessica. Mm. 好主意,杰西卡,恩
You don't think it's too clever, do you? 你不会觉得这有点聪明过头了吧,是吧
I want them to get it. 我想让他们也尝尝我们的厉害
Hmm. 恩
I guess this wasn't the country-club night you imagined. 我猜这不是你想象中的那个乡村俱乐部之夜吧
Are you kidding? We stuck it to a rich guy. 开玩笑,我们给了一个土豪颜色瞅瞅
It's just like "Caddyshack." 跟“疯狂高尔夫”一模一样
Run, Jessica! Run! 快跑啊,杰西卡!快跑!
I am so sorry we're late. 我很抱歉我们回来的迟了
I know we said we'd be home earlier. 我知道我们之前说我们会早点回家的
What happened? 发生了什么事
Did the Smiths' dog go after you, too? 史密斯家的狗也追你们了么
Yes. That dog needs to be put down. 是啊,那只狗真应该被宰了
Mom, is that you? 妈妈,是你么
Are you home?! Don't say anything to her! 你回家了么,别跟妮可说话
Well, E-Eddie's been in the bathroom 恩,艾艾迪因为胃的问题
with some stomach issues. 在厕所里就没出来过
Oh, it's probably because he likes you. 哦,可能是因为他喜欢你
Mom! 妈妈
It sounds like you're talking to her! 听起来你在跟她讲话啊
Don't talk to her, okay? 别跟她说话,好不啦
Oh. That's why he asked to borrow my old spice. Oh. 哦,这就是他为啥找我借我的香水了哦
Nantucket wind. 我的海岛微风
Well, I'm gonna head. 好了,我要回家了
Okay, well, thank you for watching the boys. Hmm. 好的,恩,谢谢你帮我们照看孩子们,恩
Oh, and tell Eddie, um, I listened to this. 哦,告诉艾迪一声,呃,我听过这个了
It's good. I'm keeping it. 挺好听的,我就留着它了
Okay. 好的
There you go. 这是你的工资
Mom, did she leave? 妈妈,她走了么
Has she left? Can you come in here, please? 她已经走了么,你能进来么,求你了
Hey. 嘿
Hey. 嘿
Yes. 太好了 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mjzlzd/zlzd1/414055.html |