ESL杰夫的一天 第8期:起床讲解(7)(在线收听

   I then say, "Man, is my neighborhood noisy!" 然后我说“天哪,我的邻居可真是吵啊!”

  That expression, "man," is just a way of expressing your emotion 这个表达,“man”只是你在说感情很烈或者很想强调的事情的时候,
  when you are saying something that you really mean or really want to emphasize. 一种对感情的表达方式。
  "Man,is my neighborhood noisy," that means my neighborhood is very noisy. “天哪,我的邻居可真是吵啊!”只是说明我的邻居真的很吵。
  "Of course, when I'm staying at a hotel, it's usually easier to just get a wake up call from the hotel." “当然,住宾馆的时候,接到宾馆的叫醒电话通常比设置闹钟要简单得多。”
  A wake up call, "call," is when the hotel calls you on the phone to wake you up, so you don't have to set your own alarm. 叫醒电话,“call”是指宾馆打电话叫你起床,这样你就不用自己设置闹钟了。
  To set, "set," an alarm means to turn it on and to put a certain time that you want to get up. 设置,“set”闹钟是指把闹钟打开,并将其设定在你打算起床的时间点。
  Well, sometimes people have problems with their alarm clocks 有时候人们的闹钟会出故障,
  and so, if they are in a hotel, they can ask the hotel to wake them up with a wake up call. 所以当他们在宾馆的时候,就可以让宾馆用叫醒电话叫他们起床。
  At the end of the story I say, "I'm not really an early riser." 故事结束时我说“我并不是早起型的人”。
  An early, "early," riser, "riser," means someone who wakes up and gets up very early in the morning. 早起,“early”,的人,“riser”,是指早上醒的很早,起床也很早的人。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/414286.html