ESL杰夫的一天 第18期:清洁讲解(7)(在线收听

   So, I put some toothpaste on my toothbrush and then I brush. 因此,我在牙刷上挤上一些牙膏,然后开始刷牙。

  We use that verb, to brush, to mean to clean my teeth. 我们使用动词“刷”,来指清洁牙齿。
  But, we don't say, "I'm going to clean my teeth," usually, we say, "I'm going to brush my teeth." 但是,我们不会说,“我要去清洁牙齿,”一般我们会说,“我要去刷牙。”
  That same verb, to brush, can also be used with your hair,  这个动词“刷”,也可以与你的头发一起使用,
  when you are trying to put your hair in a certain place—a certain position. 就是你想把头发放到某个的地方——某个的位置的时候。
  I don't brush my hair, of course, because I don't have any hair, but I used to, when I was younger, brush my hair. 我当然不梳头发了,因为我是光头强,但我过去经常梳头,那时我更年轻,会梳头发。
  I finished brushing my teeth, so now I'm going to take a shower. 我刷完了牙,就要去冲个澡。
  There's a difference between taking a shower, where the water comes from the top of the wall and goes over you, 冲澡和洗澡是有区别的,冲澡是指水从墙上淋遍全身,
  and a bath, which means to fill your bathtub with water and get in. 而洗澡是你用水装满浴缸然后进入水中。
  Most American homes have the tub and the shower in one place. 大多数美国家庭的浴缸和淋浴器在一个地方。
  Some homes have a separate shower and a separate tub. 有些家庭有独立的淋浴器和浴缸。
  In the story, I say that "I pull the shower curtain aside." 在这个故事中,我说“我先把浴帘拉到一边。”
  The curtain, "curtain," is what you use to keep the water in the shower from going onto the floor. 浴帘(curtain)是你用来防止淋浴的水洒到地板上的。
  It prevents the water from leaving the shower area. 它能防止水流出淋浴区。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/414296.html