夏洛的网 第154期:多里安医生(8)(在线收听

   "Sure," said the doctor.

  “不错,”医生说,
  "But somebody taught you, didn't they?"
  “不过你是有人教的,对吗?”
  "My mother taught me."
  “是我妈妈教的。”
  "Well, who taught a spider?
  “那么蜘蛛是谁教的呢?
  A young spider knows how to spin a web without any instructions from anybody.
  蜘蛛很小就会结网,没有任何人教。
  Don't you regard that as a miracle?"
  你不觉得这是个奇迹吗? ”
  "I suppose so," said Mrs. Arable. "I never looked at it that way before.
  “我想是的,”阿拉布尔太太说,“可我以前从来没有这样看待过这件事。
  Still, I don't understand how those words got into the web.
  只是我还是不明白,那些字怎么会出现在蜘蛛网上。
  I don't understand it,
  这件事我不明白,
  and I don't like what I can't understand."
  我不喜欢自己不明白的事。”
  "None of us do," said Dr. Dorian, sighing.
  “我们没有人喜欢,”多里安医生叹气说,
  "I'm a doctor. Doctors are supposed to understand everything.
  “我是一个医生,人们以为医生什么都明白,
  But I don't understand everything,
  可我不是什么都明 白,
  and I don't intend to let it worry me."
  我不也不打算为这件事苦恼。”
  Mrs. Arable fidgeted.
  阿拉布尔太太坐立不安。
  "Fern says the animals talk to each other.
  “弗恩说那些动物互相交谈。
  Dr. Dorian, do you believe animals talk?"
  你相信动物会说话吗?”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xldw/415342.html