夏洛的网 第175期:叔叔(1)(在线收听) |
CHAPTER 17 Uncle 第十七章 “叔叔” When they pulled into the Fair Grounds, 车子开进集市场地时,
they could hear music and see the Ferris wheel turning in the sky. 他们听到音乐声,看到费里斯转轮在空中旋转。
They could smell the dust of the race track where the sprinkling cart had moistened it; 他们闻到被洒水车洒湿了的跑道的灰尘气味,
and they could smell hamburgers frying and see balloons aloft. 闻到煎牛肉饼的香味,看到气球飘在空中。
They could hear sheep blatting in their pens. 他们听到羊在羊栏里咩咩叫。
An enormous voice over the loudspeaker said: 扩音器里有人大声说:
"Attention, please! Will the owner of a Pontiac car, license number H-2439, “请注意!那辆庞蒂亚克的车主,牌照号码h—2439,
please move your car away from the fireworks shed!" 请把你的汽车开走,不要停在烟火棚前面!”
"Can I have some money?" asked Fern. “可以给我点钱吗?”弗恩问道。
"Can I, too?" asked Avery. “也给我一点吗?”艾弗里问道。
"I'm going to win a doll by spinning a wheel and it will stop at the right number," said Fern. “我要去转轮盘赢一个洋娃娃,它一定停在我押的号码上面,”弗恩说。
"I'm going to steer a jet plane and make it bump into another one." 我要去开喷气式飞机,让它撞另外一架。”
"Can I have a balloon?" asked Fern. “可以给我买个气球吗?”弗恩问道。
"Can I have a frozen custard and a cheeseburger and some raspberry soda pop?" asked Avery. “可以给我买奶油冰淇淋、干酪三明治、悬钩子汽水吗?”艾弗里问道。
"You children be quiet till we get the pig unloaded," said Mrs. Arable. “你们孩子别吵,先等我们把猪搬下车。”阿拉布尔太太说。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xldw/418766.html |