夏洛的网 第179期:叔叔(5)(在线收听) |
"He claims he's a spring pig," reported Charlotte, “它说它是只春猪,”夏洛禀报说, "and perhaps he is. One thing is certain, he has a most unattractive personality. “也许是的。有一件事可以肯定,它太不讨人喜欢了。
He is too familiar, too noisy, and he cracks weak jokes. 它太放肆,太吵闹,还叽叽呱呱地说些蹩脚的笑话。
Also, he's not anywhere near as clean as you are, nor as pleasant. 还有,它一点没你干净,也不及你讨人喜欢。
I took quite a dislike to him in our brief interview. 我和它就谈了两句,已经觉得很不喜欢它。
He's going to be a hard pig to beat, though, Wilbur, on account of his size and weight. 不过由于它个子大,有分量,赢这只猪可不容易,威尔伯。
But with me helping you, it can be done." 可是有我相助,这件事做得到。”
"When are you going to spin a web?" asked Wilbur. “你什么时候开始结网?”威尔伯问道。
"This afternoon, late, if I'm not too tired," said Charlotte. “要是不太累,今天下午,”夏洛说,
"The least thing tires me these days. “这几天最小的事也会把我累坏。
I don't seem to have the energy I once had. My age, I guess." 我似乎没有以前那种精力了。我想是岁数的关系。”
Wilbur looked at his friend. 威尔伯看着它的朋友。
She looked rather swollen and she seemed listless. 夏洛看上去肿胀得厉害,像是很累的样子。
"I'm awfully sorry to hear that you're feeling poorly, Charlotte," he said. “听你说觉得不舒服,我特别难过,夏洛,”它说,
"Perhaps if you spin a web and catch a couple of flies you'll feel better." “也许你结出网来,捉上两只苍蝇会感到好些。”
"Perhaps," she said, wearily. “也许吧,”夏洛有气无力地说,
"But I feel like the end of a long day." “不过我感觉漫长的一天好象到了尽头。”
Clinging upside down to the ceiling, 它倒过来挂在天花板上,
she settled down for a nap, 开始打盹,
leaving Wilbur very much worried. 留下威尔伯十分担心。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xldw/418777.html |