ESL杰夫的一天 第54期:开车上班讲解(5)(在线收听

   So, in the morning the drive time in Los Angeles, for example, is 7:30 to 9:30. 因此,例如,洛杉矶早上上班的高峰期是7:30到9:30。

  Most people are going to work during those hours. 多数人都在这个时间段上班。
  In other cities it could be different; in some cities, it's earlier than that. 其他城市略有不同,有的地方更早。
  There's also a drive time at the end of the day, between 5:00 and 7:00 here in Los Angeles, that's when people are coming home from work. 一天结束的时候也有高峰期,在洛杉矶是5点到7点,那是人们下班回家的时候。
  So, the drive time traffic report is an announcement on the radio telling you if there are any accidents on the roads, 因此,“the drive time traffic report”就是广播上的播报,它告诉你路上是否有交通事故,
  if there is any construction — that is the government is fixing the road and it may be closed. 是否有道路修建——就是政府正在修路,那条路可能会关闭。
  And, it tells you if you are going to take a long time or not a long time. 而且,它会告诉你开车将要耗费的时间。
  So, traffic reports tell you how fast the cars are moving on different, usually, freeways in American cities. 因此,路况播报一般会告诉你汽车在美国各个城市的不同高速公路上的行驶速度。
  "I take the transmission out of park and into reverse." “我把车档由驻车档挂到倒车档”。
  The transmission, "transmission," is the part of the car that determines how fast you go. 变速器(transmission)是汽车的一部分,它决定你开车的行驶速度。
  It also determines if you go forward or backwards — if you're going straight ahead or behind; that's the transmission. 它还决定你是往前开还是往后开;那就是变速器。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/421210.html