ESL杰夫的一天 第62期:工作 休息和吃午饭(1)(在线收听) |
On the way to the office, I was thinking about what I have on my agenda today. 在前往办公室的路上,我在想我今天有什么日程安排。 When I get to my desk, there is a stack of new memos and papers in my inbox. 当我到达我的办公桌的时候,我的收件箱里有一沓新的备忘录和文件。
When I turn on my computer, I see at least two-dozen emails I need to go through. 当我打开电脑的时候,我看到至少有二十四条需要我浏览的邮件。
Just as I start in on the email, my phone rings. 正当我开始看邮件的时候,我的电话铃响了。
It's my project manager, Julie, asking me to come in for a conference call with our head office. 是我的项目经理朱莉打来的,她通知我参加我们总部的多人电话会议。
I don't get back to my desk for nearly two hours. 将近两个小时后我才回到了我的办公桌。
By that time, I was ready for a break. 到了那时,我准备休息一下了。
At 10:30, I head down to the break room and get some hot water at the water cooler to make some tea. 上午10:30,我去了休息室,从饮水机里接了些热水泡茶。
There were a couple of other people on break, 休息室里有几个人在休息、
having snacks out of the vending machine and reading the new notices on the bulletin board. 吃从自动贩卖机里买来的零食以及阅读公告牌上的最新通知。
I run into Sam, one of my friends at work, and we chat a little before going back to work. 我偶遇我工作中的一个朋友山姆,在回去工作之前我们闲聊了一会儿。
Before long, it's time for lunch. 没过多久,就到了午饭时间。
I usually bring my lunch with me to work and eat it at my desk. 我一般自带午餐并坐在我的办公桌上吃它。
If I don't have time to pack a lunch, I sometimes go across the street for some take-out. 如果我没有时间自带午饭,我有时就会去街对面买外卖。
The only trouble is, it's always so busy during the lunch hour and I always have to stand in line. 唯一的不便之处是,午饭时间那儿总是非常忙,我总是要排队。
That's usually a pain. 排队通常是件令人头痛的事。
On Fridays, I usually go out to lunch with a few friends from work. 每周五,我一般会和几个工作中的朋友外出吃午饭。
On casual Fridays, we can kick back a little and take it easy. 每周五便装日,我们可以稍微放松一下。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/421218.html |