Back when I was a child, before life removed all the innocence小时候,天真懵懂。
My father would lift me high and dance with my mother and me and then父亲会把我高高举起,跟我和母亲一起翩翩起舞。然后,
Spin me around ‘til I fell asleep抱着我转圈,直到我入睡。
Then up the stairs he would carry me父亲会把我抱上楼。
And I knew for sure I was loved我知道父亲深深爱着我。
If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him如果我还有一次机会,跟父亲散步,与父亲共舞,
I’d play a song that would never, ever end我会放一首永远不会结束的曲子。
How I’d love, love, love我是多么想...
To dance with my father again再跟父亲跳一次舞。
When I and my mother would disagree当我不想听母亲话的时候,
To get my way, I would run from her to him我就会跑到父亲跟前。
He’d make me laugh just to comfort me他会想办法让我笑起来,安慰我。
Then finally make me do just what my mama said但是最后让我照母亲的话去做。
Later that night when I was asleep那一晚在我睡觉的时候,
He left a dollar under my sheet他在我的床单下放了一块钱。
Never dreamed that he would be gone from me从来没有想过父亲会离开我。
If I could steal one final glance, one final step, one final dance with him如果我能再看父亲一眼,再迈出一步舞步,再跟父亲跳最后一支舞。
I’d play a song that would never, ever end我会放一首永远不会结束的曲子。
‘Cause I’d love, love, love因为我是多么想...
To dance with my father again再跟父亲跳一次舞。
Sometimes I’d listen outside her door有时候我会在母亲的门外,
And I’d hear how my mother cried for him听见她思念父亲的哭声。
I pray for her even more than me我为母亲祈祷…
I pray for her even more than me我为母亲祈祷...
I know I’m praying for much too much我知道我的要求有点过分,
But could you send back the only man she loved但是你能不能把她唯一深爱的男人送回来?
I know you don’t do it usually我知道你一般不会这么做,
But dear Lord she’s dying但是我的主啊,
To dance with my father again她是多么想要和父亲共舞啊!
Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream每晚入睡后,同样的梦境重复出现... |