实战口语情景对话 第205期:非洲游猎 African Safari(在线收听) |
Jessica: Ashley, when you went to Kenya did you do a safari? 杰西卡:阿什莉,你去肯尼亚的时候有去游猎吗?
Ashley: Yes, it was incredible. Uh, we went of a five day safari. We were up every morning at 4:30 in the morning, um, to watch the animals and then we would have all day to kind of sit back and do nothing and then we'd go on another animal drive in the evening because that's when the animals are eating, so cause it's so hot in the day that they come out at dawn and dusk to graze. It was incredible. When we first started out, we weren't even in the national park, we were on our way to the park, and we saw some zebras and we were screaming at our safari driver,"Stop! Stop! There's zebras! There's Zebras!" And he's like, "Uh!", he's like,"You'll be sick of zebras by the end" and we were so sure, like there was no way, we will never be sick of zebras. We will never be sick of zebras animals, it's just, it's just to foreign, to incredible to us, but by the end we were like,"Uh, another zebra" No, I'm kidding, I mean still, it was incredible. We saw just lions and the whole thing, giraffes. Uh, to see giraffes run. Their necks, are just this wave. It's beautiful, so beautiful.
阿什莉:去了,非常棒。嗯,我们参加了一个为期五天的游猎行程。我们早上4点半就起床去看动物了,之后我们就可以有一天的时间什么都不做,放松一下,之后晚上的时候我们可以再去观赏其他的动物,那是动物觅食的时间,因为白天太热了,所以他们都在黎明或黄昏时分出来活动觅食。那真是太不可思议了。刚开始的时候,我们都还没有进入国家公园,我们就在去公园的路上就看到了斑马,我们对这趟游猎的司机喊道:“停车!停车!是斑马!是斑马!”他当时说,“行程结束的时候你们会厌倦斑马的”,而我们非常确定,我们是绝对不会厌倦斑马的。我们绝不会对斑马感到厌倦,这对外国人来说,对我们来说简直太不可思议了,但是行程结束的时候,我们只是说,“哦,另一只斑马”。不是啦,我开个玩笑。我的意思是,那仍然令人难以置信。我们在整个行程中看到了狮子还有长颈鹿。嗯,看到了长颈鹿奔跑。它们跑起来的时候脖子就这样动。非常非常漂亮。
Jessica: So were you most impressed with the giraffe or?
杰西卡:那令你印象最深的是长颈鹿还是别的什么?
Ashley: No, probably the lions. I mean, their the king. Just, we saw thirty different lions. It was, it was something out of a fairly tale. It was incredible. We even saw, we didn't see them make a kill but we saw them eating a kill, which was quite disgusting, but it was incredible to watch because there was a male lion who was, I guess he had already eaten cause you know the men eat first and then they let their families eat, but there was another male, we were trying to figure out the dynamic of it because he wouldn't, the one male was keeping the other one away and keeping him away so his cubs could eat and they were kind of fighting, growling, I mean we were only ten feet away from them, not even that, like five feet. We were right there. It smelled cause it was a dead, I don't know, buffalo. It was gross. But it was incredible.
阿什莉:不是,印象最深的可能是狮子。我的意思是,它们可是森林之王啊。我们大概看到了30种不同的狮子。它们就像从童话故事里走出来的一样。真令人难以置信。我们并没有看到它们捕杀的场景,但是我们看到了它们吃捕杀到的动物的场景,那非常恶心,不过看到这样的场景也很不可思议,因为那有一只雄性狮子,我想它已经吃过了,因为你知道雄性狮子吃完以后才会让家人吃,但是那里还有一只雄性狮子,我们试图弄明白它是不是还活着,因为它都不动,那只雄性狮子驱赶另一只雄性狮子,让它的孩子得以吃饭,它们进行了打斗,一直在咆哮,我的意思是我们离它们只有10英尺的距离,可能都没有,只有大概5英尺的距离。我们就在那里。我们能闻到味道,可能因为它已经死了,我也不知道,那是一只水牛。那场面有点恶心。不过的确不可思议。
重点讲解:
1. sit back
宽舒地休息; 不采取行动;
eg. I like to sit back and rest in the evenings.
我喜欢在晚上什么也不做,好好休息。
eg. Get on with the work—this is no time to sit back.
好好干活,现在可不是坐着休息的时候。
2. be sick of
厌倦的;厌烦的;厌恶的;
eg. I am sick and tired of hearing all these people moaning...
我厌倦了听这些人大发牢骚。
eg. Most people here are sick of violence.
这儿的大多数人都厌恶暴力。
3. be impressed with
对……有印象;
eg. We were deeply impressed with this sight.
这风景给我留下了深刻的印象。
eg. I was deeply impressed with the changes brought about by the project.
这一工程带来的变化给我们留下了很深的印象。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/szkyqjdh/425073.html |