实战口语情景对话 第281期:Global Warming 全球变暖(在线收听) |
Todd: Christine you're from Papua New Guinea? 托德:克里斯汀,你来自巴布亚新几内亚?
Christine: Yes, we're a small island in the South Pacific.
克里斯汀:对,我的国家是南太平洋上的一个小岛国。
Todd: And that is near Australia?
托德:离澳大利亚很近吧?
Christine: Just above Australia.
克里斯汀:就在澳大利亚以北。
Todd: Like how far is it from Australia?
托德:那距离澳大利亚有多远呢?
Christine: To Brisbane it's 3 hours by plane. To the tip of Australia it's about an hour and a half by boat.
克里斯汀:坐飞机到布里斯班需要3个小时的时间。坐船到澳大利亚最北部大概需要1个半小时。
Todd: We were talking earlier about global warming and how this can be a problem for your island.
托德:我们之前谈了全球变暖问题,这个对你们国家来说是问题吗?
Christine: Oh, absolutely, because we're surrounded by water, obviously it creates a problem when the tides rise.
克里斯汀:哦,绝对是个问题,因为我们四面环海,显然当潮水上涨时,这就引发了问题。
Todd: Because the tides rise, and the water...
托德:因为涨潮,所以水……
Christine: The tides rise, and a lot of people build their homes and villages around the water....cause the ocean is where we get our food from, most of our costal villages are based there, so, yeah!
克里斯汀:潮水上涨,而许多人都把房屋和村落建在了海水附近……因为那片海是我们获取食物的地方,大部分沿海村落就建在那附近并依靠那片海,所以,就是这样!
Todd: The people put their houses close to the water.
托德:人们把房子建在海水附近。
Christine: Close to the water or on the water
克里斯汀:建在海水附近或是就建在海面上。
Todd: So what do you think about global warming? I mean, what do you think should be done?
托德:那你怎么看全球变暖?我的意思是,你认为应该做些什么?
Christine: Like we were talking about it earlier, I am very much for the Kyoto Protocol I think that industrial countries, industrialized countries need to act now before there's too much, how do you say?, before even more damage is done. Obviously being from a small country where people aren't educated about these things we don't realize what is really happening, but we are really starting to realize now and we and other small nations have spoken out about it and it's good to know that bigger countries are doing something about it, and I think thing needs to be done now, rather than waiting, which is happening with governments which are under economical stress right now...they haven't done enough..they know the situation, they know they're responsible for it. We're the ones who are suffering because of it even though we don't add to it. Yeah, so I think they should do something.
克里斯汀:就像我们之前谈过的,我非常支持《京都议定书》,我认为工业国家,工业化国家现在就要采取行动,在问题更严重之前采取行动,要怎么说,在造成更多破坏之前。显然小国家的人们并没有接受这方面的教育,我们并没有意识到到底发生了什么事,但是我们现在渐渐开始意识到了,我们和其他小国家要说出这个问题,知道大国家正在为解决这个问题努力非常好,我认为现在就需要做些事情,而不是等待,政府也要做些事情,他们目前也面临着经济压力……他们做得还不够……他们了解情况,他们知道他们要为此负责。我们是正在受难的人,可是却不是我们加剧了问题。对,所以我认为他们应该做些事情。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/szkyqjdh/425504.html |