实战口语情景对话 第307期:Neighbors 邻居(在线收听

   Todd: Hello.

  托德:你好。
  Phil: Hello. Good morning.
  菲尔:你好,早上好。
  Todd: Hi. I don't think we've met. My name's Todd.
  托德:嗨。我想我们不认识。我是托德。
  Phil: Oh, nice to meet you. My name's Phil. I'm from England.
  菲尔:很高兴认识你。我是菲尔,我来自英国。
  Todd: Oh, hey Phil, I'm from the states. I've noticed you in the building. How long have you lived here?
  托德:嗨,菲尔,我来自美国。我之前在大楼里看到过你。你在这里住了多久了?
  Phil: I've lived here for six months actually.
  菲尔:我在这里住了六个月了。
  Todd: Oh, really.
  托德:哦,真的吗?
  Phil: Yeah.
  菲尔:对。
  Todd: Well, I've been here for two months and I don't think , you know, we've haven't met yet, so.
  托德:嗯,我已经在这里生活两个月了,我想我们还不认识。
  Phil: I guess we're always busy at work. I never see you.
  菲尔:因为我们一直都很忙。我从来没见过你。
  Todd: Right. Right. Now, do you live on the fourth floor?
  托德:对,是的。你是住在四层吗?
  Phil: Yeah, yeah. I live actually quite near to your room, just right around the corner.
  菲尔:对。其实我的房间离你的很近,就在拐角那里。
  Todd: Oh, really. What room number are you?
  托德:哦,真的吗?你的房间号是多少?
  Phil: I'm 443.
  菲尔:我在443号住。
  Todd: Ah, OK. Actually, I'm 430, so.
  托德:好。我住在430号。
  Phil: I'm lucky my room's at the end of the corridor so it's really quiet.
  菲尔:我的房间在走廊的尽头,真的很幸运,因为那里非常安静。
  Todd: Yeah, you know, I was wondering though, at night I do my laundry sometimes and the laundry room is near your room and it makes a lot of noise. Does it keep you up at night?
  托德:你知道,有时我会在晚上去洗衣房,洗衣房离你的房间很近,洗衣服的时候会有很大的噪音,这会不会使你晚上无法入睡?
  Phil: I've never heard it to be honest. Maybe I'm a really good sleeper or something.
  菲尔:说实话,我从来没有听见过洗衣服的声音。也许是因为我睡得很深吧。
  Todd: Oh, good.
  托德:哦,好。
  Phil: I never hear it.
  菲尔:我从来没听见过。
  Todd: So, what do you do?
  托德:你做什么工作?
  Phil: I'm an English teacher near here.
  菲尔:我在这附近教英语。
  Todd: Oh, really, actually so am I.
  托德:哦,真的吗,我也是英语老师。
  Phil: Oh, really. I only teach junior high school, so quite young children.
  菲尔:是吗?我只在初中教英语,所以我教的都是年纪小的孩子。
  Todd: Ah, that's cool. I'm the opposite. I teach mainly university students.
  托德:这很酷。我和你正相反。我主要教大学生。
  Phil: Oh, OK, yeah. Junior high school students are really good but, quite often they like to sleep in the lesson. Maybe, I'm just a boring teacher. I don't know.
  菲尔:哦,好。初中生很好,不过他们经常在课堂上睡觉。可能是因为我的课很无聊吧。我也不知道原因。
  Todd: Nah, nah. I think it's just cause when they're young kids. Yeah, the university kids are nice, but I think you have a lot more holidays though.
  托德:我觉得不是。我认为是因为他们还是孩子。大学生很不错,你的假期应该更多吧。
  Phil: Yeah, that's true. Recently, I had five weeks summer vacation. I was really lucky.
  菲尔:对,没错。最近我刚休了五周的暑假。我非常幸运。
  Todd: I'm jealous. That's nice. Hey, so what do you think of the building that we live in?
  托德:我太羡慕你了。这太好了。你觉得我们住的这座大楼怎么样?
  Phil: Actually, I really like it. The rooms are quite small. The atmosphere, everyone is so friendly, and I get to meet people from all over the world and talk to them in different languages if I can and it's really interesting.
  菲尔:我非常喜欢。虽然房间非常小,但是气氛很好,而且这里的所有人都很友好,在这里我能认识世界各地的人,而且如果可以的话,我会用不同的语言和他们聊天,这非常有趣。
  Todd: Yeah, I agree. I really like living here. I mean, you know sometimes, I like to be by myself, you know, but I have to admit, I really like having so many people that you can talk to in the building.
  托德:对,我同意。我也很喜欢住在这里。有时我喜欢一个人待着,不过我得承认,我非常喜欢能和楼里的很多人聊天的感觉。
  Phil: Yeah, it's really nice and there's really good places to prepare food and everything is really clean and nice so it's a really nice place to live.
  菲尔:对,这非常好,而且还有可以准备食物的地方,所有东西都很整洁,这里真的是一个适合居住的好地方。
  Todd: How much longer do you think you're going to stay?
  托德:你打算在这里住多长时间?
  Phil: My contract is for another six months here, so I will stay that long and then maybe longer, I'm not sure.
  菲尔:我的合同还有六个月,所以我至少会再住六个月的时间,之后我可能会继续住在这里,我也不确定。
  Todd: OK, well, anyway it was nice to meet you.
  托德:哦,总之很高兴认识你。
  Phil: Oh, yeah, nice to meet you, too.
  菲尔:嗯,认识你我也很高兴。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/szkyqjdh/425538.html