实战口语情景对话 第314期:The Interview 面试(在线收听) |
Todd: Kawabe, can you talk about your first job interview? 托德:川边,你能谈谈你第一次面试的经历吗?
Kawabe: Sure, first job interview! This is a funny story and that was a time I took the interview, had an interview with the TV broadcaster, and then it was a very famous one in Yotsuya, in Tokyo and that was a very important interview because the job is interesting and there are many, there are so many applicants to the same position so, and the thing is I was late for that interview (No) and I was late for thirty minutes (Ooh) I was really bad, you know, and then the reason is, at that time I was working for, I was a bike rider at a delivery.
川边:当然可以,第一次工作面试!这是个有趣的故事,当时我去参加电视播音员的面试,那是东京四谷一家非常著名的电视台,而且那是一次非常重要的面试,因为那份工作很有意思,申请同一个职位的人非常多,可是我面试时却迟到了,(不是吧)我迟到了30分钟,(噢)那太糟糕了,你知道,我迟到的原因是当时我在做单车快递的工作。
Todd: Oh, you delivered stuff?
托德:哦,你递送物品吗?
Kawabe: Bike delivery!
川边:单车快递!
Todd: Oh, really, what did you deliver?
托德:哦,是吗,那你都递送什么东西?
Kawabe: Ah, the documents and you know whatever it is when you want to send somewhere the thing fast!
川边:啊,文件之类的东西,就是你想快速送到某个地方的东西!
Todd: Yeah, yeah, cool job!
托德:好的,这工作真酷!
Kawabe: That's what I was doing, and then before the interview I was delivering one thing.
川边:那是我当时在做的工作,而面试之前我正在送东西。
Todd: Oh, no, yeah!
托德:哦,天哪!
Kawabe: And then, so, anyway, I was late and in my bag, when I was driving the motorcycle I put my suits and shoes and everything, I've got to wear for the interview and I was in a rush, and I'd been to that building where I had an interview and in front of that building there was a MacDonald and then I rushed into the toilet of that MacDonald that was on the first floor and I think, you know, it was funny if you were looking at me. I was wearing..
川边:不管怎么说,反正我迟到了,而我骑摩托车的时候把西装、鞋和所有东西都放进了包里。那是我要穿去面试的衣服,我当时非常着急,在我参加面试的那座大楼前面有家麦当劳,我冲进一层麦当劳的卫生间,而我想,如果你当时看到我一定觉得我很滑稽。我当时穿着……
Todd: I can imagine.
托德:我可以想象。
Kawabe: I was wearing like a driver's suit and when I came out from the toilet I was in a suit, like Superman! And then, yeah, I changed my clothes, very very quickly in the toilet and I rushed into the building for the interview but I was 30 minutes late, and actually I got a great interview with the guys of the broadcast station, but ah, since I was late that was the only and biggest reason I couldn't get that job. Actually, they said that if you were not late I could take you, so it's a funny story, now but at that time I was like so disappointed with myself, (Yeah) I was so stupid. The job was great!
川边:我穿得类似赛车服的衣服,可是我从卫生间出来的时候我已经换上了西装,就像超人一样!我在卫生间用非常快的速度换了衣服,然后我冲去面试的那座大楼,可是我还是晚了30分钟,实际上那些电视台的人给我进行的面试非常顺利,但是因为我迟到了,那是我不能得到那份工作的唯一也是最主要的原因。实际上,面试官说如果你没有迟到,我们会录取你,所以现在看来这是个有趣的故事,但是当时我对自己非常失望,(嗯)我太愚蠢了。那份工作非常棒!
Todd: I've done that too! I think we all do that at one point. Well!
托德:我也做过类似的事情!我想我们在某个时刻都做过那样的事情。
Kawabe: Yeah, I learned a lot of things from that experience.
川边:是的,我从那次经历中学到了很多事情。
Todd: But you got another job with another TV company after that, correct?
托德:但是在那之后,你在另一家电视公司找到了一份工作,对吧?
Kawabe: Mm, it's not a TV company but the same kind of job and it was lucky cause, since I missed the first one I got the second one and that is why I could join to the World Cup.
川边:嗯,那并不是电视公司,但是是同一种工作,其实我很幸运,因为虽然我第一次错过了,但是第二次我还是得到了工作,那就是我能参与世界杯报道的原因。
Todd: Oh, cool!
托德:哦,真酷!
Kawabe: Yeah, so!
川边:是啊!
Todd: It all worked out at the end!
托德:最后一切都解决了!
Kawabe: Yeah! Fortunately.
川边:对!很幸运。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/szkyqjdh/425550.html |